Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
davet

BL Assistant runs in Win 7 task bar, won't launch on screen.

Recommended Posts

Updating a Win 7 Pro box this morning.  BL wants to use a new version of the assistant, so I download and install. When I click on the Windows Assistant shortcut

I can see the Assistant launch, then it minimizes to the task bar. Don't see the usual right click restore options on the task bar icon.  Repeated clicking the task bar icon seems to launch multiple instances of the Assistant, I can see them in task manager.  Did a google for this issue, found some solutions but none of them work.  Other task bar icons launch and run as expected.  

Anyone else seeing this?  Got a solution?  FWIW, I updated another Win 7 Pro laptop yesterday, worked fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Do you have the most current version of Bandlab Assistant? Evidently there is a newer one today.  My attempt to update it "Failed."  😞

image.png.46726cb3517bc6c120cfc3cfef270f44.png

(1) Will see if I can work around that.  (2) So far, the download button and the download doesn't help. (3) AHA!  There was a hidden installer dialog that was blocked by another dialog.  I said OK and it updated Bandlab Assistant to v. 5.1.2. Last one I had (before just now) was a verison before that--maybe v.5.1.1 or v.5.1.0.

Try looking for buried dialogs.  This is the one I had that prevented the installer from completing.  Once I said OK, the installer finished updating Bandlab Assistant.  Just a guess: (1) possibly the automatic installer failed, but left some processes on my computer. Then (2) when I clicked on "Download" and tried running that *.exe file from my browser's storage, the processes caused the manual installer to ask me to close the failed attempt processes.

I know in the past I have had success with Bandland/Cakewalk working by manually killing the leftover processes via Task Manager. 

image.png.83b20dbe3be87b6f6593c8d9179aae56.png

Edited by User 905133
to add details about how I finally got the installer to be successful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, never mind.  Uninstalled the Assistant, reboot, reinstall - works now.  Not sure what happened with this box.  It had not been used in a few months and there were a bunch of Windows updates that seem to take a very long time to install and run the "Windows Configuration" process multiple times.  I'm thinking some of the updates were not done and got in the way of the Assistant install.

Anyway, it's fixed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the earlier threads on "updating the assistant" recommended uninstalling it from the control panel before even trying to update it. I have had 0 problems since doing it that way.    mark

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...