Happy New Year (how did you bring in 2020?)

Notes_Norton

Happy New Year y'all. How did you bring in 2020? Did you stay up to greet the new year or welcome it in the morning? Do you even care? (Yes I know the date is arbitrary)

I did what I have done every year since I was 18, gigged and at the stroke of midnight, played "Auld Lang Syne" in the key of F concert (C on my tenor sax). That is every year but one when an agent double-booked us and we lost the "coin toss".

Last night it was for a group of mostly crazy and wonderful French Canadians who are escaping the cold temperatures by spending the winter here in Florida. They hit the dance floor on the first song, and it wasn't empty again until we packed up our gear. When we were done we got hugs, hand-shakes, and those European two cheek kisses. It was so much fun we played 4 hours straight without a break. And at the end of the night the RV park paid us money and asked us to come back next year - bonne année.

Today I get to spend the day with my dear wife who is also my best friend, the better singer in our duo, and a fine guitar and synth player.

Just living the dream.

Notes

• Like 1

We pulled out the DVDs of "WKRP in Cincinnatti". Watched the Thanksgiving episode (with God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly!"), the episode wiht "Scum of the Earth" and when the 11 kids were killed at the end of December at a WHO concert. Also when Carmen had her baby (from 1980 - the same year we had our first child) and a few more. Good, good shows.

image.png.98482969bda349555e7268e0e35d7af3.png

Edited by Mandolin Picker
  • Haha 1

We lit up some fireworks with our 5 little ones until about 11pm, then put them to bed. Opened a bottle of Don Julio, put on some music, and played gin rummy with my lovely wife. 

Oh yeah, called all our friends and family across the world and wished them.

Happy New Year to all of you!! 🍻🍻🍻

We went to a nice place I had made reservations prior with my wife. Stayed up until after midnight at home.

New Years day all hell broke loose. 6am one of my wife's closest friends died of a heart attack in her sleep right next to her husband. Healthy woman, no history of bad health. Wasn't a drinker or drug user.....just died. Perfectly healthy and even texted my wife the day before....so we were over that their house trying to help console the husband and son left behind. I knew my wife was going to react when she found out....but man I had no idea. She is still a mess today.

Needless to say, I had my hands full.

Happy New Year. I did some jet, nuked some super mutants and pilfered through a vast post apocalyptic wasteland in Fallout 4 VR. I took my VR headset o to realize it has been 2020 for two hours already. Fried and consumed the becan   

Edited by Grant Starr

Went to BIL family house for dinner and games on New Years Eve. Left at 1am and family and I slept in late New Years Day.  Then we took down the Christmas decorations and went in the evening for a nice Taize Prayer service in Oak Park IL.     

22 hours ago, Grant Starr said:

Fried and consumed the becan

I guess I didn't start the New Years right. I didn't have any Becan 😮

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Watched the ball drop in NY and the acorn drop in Raleigh. Had some sparkling grape juice with the room mate at midnight.
New Year's Day (say, didn't somebody in Cakeland write a song called that?) had the traditional Southern meal of collard greens and black-eyed peas along with steak. Had the becan with breakfast.