David Staschover

Easy/quick way to step through presets on TTS-1

Is there a way to easily step through the presets on the TTS-1 in Cakewalk? I would like to be able to step through each sound and sample it without having to do the multiple clicks needed to change a preset for each sound.

Thanks,

David

6 minutes ago, David Staschover said:

Is there a way to easily step through the presets on the TTS-1 in Cakewalk? I would like to be able to step through each sound and sample it without having to do the multiple clicks needed to change a preset for each sound.

Do you have a controller with a button that lets you step through program changes?

If not, you could create a midi file with a program change say at every measure and just play.

• Like 1

David , I usually go to the main TTS synth page and click the preview button at the bottom under one of the instrument channels. They will all be set on piano by default. Click on "piano" in one of them and presets will come up. Select a new preset and click the preview button again to hear it. You'll be hearing a short midi performance of each preset instead of just one note. This is probably a 2 click way of previewing.     mark

The easiest way I found to do this in TTS-1 (without a MIDI controller) is to open the EDIT button for the channel you're using (see highlighted button in first pic).

CakewalkTTS-1-a.jpg.81aac1646b37419f334b5dd301696937.jpg

This opens the edit window. Then hover your mouse pointer over the name of the preset (see highlighted area in second pic). Now scroll your mousewheel up or down to change through the list of presets.

CakewalkTTS-1-b.jpg.2be6c2523ddecda23736965871dcef24.jpg

Works best if you have a short midi loop playing continuously while you scroll through.

• Like 2

Hi:)

In the Track View click on "C"hannel and select a channel for your Midi In Keyboard.

Then you can select a"B"ank, just leave it as it is

Click on "P"rogram and now you can switch the presets with the "+" and "-" keys on the PC Keyboard!

Bassman.

• Like 1