Jump to content

Blindeddie

Members
  • Content Count

    28
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

16 Good

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. OK, well that resolution was short lived, the issue popped up again so I did some monitoring and it appears this is a problem with the Firestudio and or the drivers. I was looking at the "Universal Control" app and I adjusted the Buffer size from 128 to 256 and the Sample rate jumped up to 96K then to 48K and finally settled back in at 44.1K. Opened CbB and the Sample rate had changed back to 96K. Maybe time to get a new interface... Peace, Blindeddie
  2. Hi Noel, Well it appears that some NI gear that I use was causing the issue with the sample rate. They are midi controllers that have built in audio Interfaces and once I deleted the ASIO entries for them, problem resolved...at least it appears so, only time will tell. Thanks for the info, Blindeddie!
  3. Thanks Noel, will take a look and see what I can find... Peace, Blindeddie
  4. Hey Noel, Not sure if it is possible, but are there any "switches" that can be used when opening CbB that would output the Driver enumeration to some type of log so I could see what drivers are being queried and which one may be causing the erratic behavior of the sample rate? (kind of like a debug mode) just figured I would ask. Thanks, Blindeddie
  5. Still wrestling with this myself... I have tried everything I can think of, cannot find a resolution.... In my case, I think it is just old and outdated drivers (Presonus Firestudio which is a discontinued and non supported device). Drivers have not been updated since 2016... I refuse to purchase a new interface in the hopes that this will "Go Away" as it works just fine when it behaves... This issue also presents itself in other DAWS...that will remain nameless... Not much help...just venting... Peace, Blindeddie!
  6. You need to find out if the midi file contains all "Patch Change" info on a single track. Right click all the midi clips and check the event List and look for patch changes and delete it. Xpand2 does not follow the GM standard for patches, so what might be a Piano In TTS-1 could be an synth patch in Xpand2. Make sure the event list is configured to show All events. Peace, Blindeddie
  7. If it works using Mackie Control in other Daws, it should work in Cakewalk, but once to set it up in preferences (Add the Mackie Control and select the Zoom midi ports in and out) go to "Utilities --> Mackie Control" and the Properties page opens up. if you put a check in "Disable Handshake" it should connect the Zoom... I don't have a Zoom, but this has worked for other non-Mackie devices I have that have MCU support. Hope that helps! Peace, Blindeddie
  8. Use the Smart tool instead of "right click-->Split..." There does not appear to be a way to turn off the dialog when choosing it from the context menu. Peace, Blindeddie!
  9. If the start points of the clips are different, then you would need to align the clips manually to get them in sync. One thing you would need to do is turn off "Snap to Grid" see page 380 of the reference guide. this would allow you to move clips at no specific resolution. There is also a Nudge Command "Process --> Nudge" (see page 376) that will move clips based on settings that you choose "Process --> Nudge --> Settings". And the reason I point you to the manual is that there are a lot of Grid and nudge settings and I am too lazy to type it all out...😝 Peace, Blindeddie
  10. I may be wrong, but I think you are talking about crossfading. Check out Page 439 in the manual, to see if that is what you are looking to do. basically it fades out one clip while fading in another which gives you a somewhat seemless transition between two clips (eliminating pops or clicks). if I am off the mark, sorry! Peace, Blindeddie
  11. I have had this issue before, all were activated prior to scanning, but did not show up until I ran as Admin...whether its required or not is besides the point, that is what worked for me...doing it has worked for me many times and usually solves my problems when it comes to plugins. Its the first thing I do when I have issues. Peace, Blindeddie
  12. I checked the authorization process for Nimbus, and it uses ILok authorization. The plugins I was having an issue with also use ILok Auth. I had to run two separate Daws as Admin in order to get them recognized, so hopefully the fix is as easy as that... Peace, Blindeddie
  13. Try running CbB as Administrator. right click the CbB icon and select Run as Administrator then do a rescan. I had a similar issue and that worked for me. Peace, Blindeddie
  14. For scenario 2 that abacab mentions, a simple fix is to run the Cal script "split channels to tracks" and that would create a separate track for each channel. Cal scripts can be run by going to "Process" --> "Run Cal Script" and selecting the script I mentioned. just thought I would mention it! Peace, Blindeddie
  15. if all the instrument midi is on separate tracks. change the midi channel of the tracks assigned to Xpand 2-2 to 1, 2 and 3. Since you are using two separate instances, you can reuse the channels. Peace, Blindeddie
×
×
  • Create New...