MIDI KEYBOARD audio output issue

Kevin Kuchta

Question

I recently purchased a used Nektar LX88+. As fas as I can tell,  I did my initial setup correctly.  It appears that the controller is sending data to cakewalk project,  because the meters jump. However there is no audio playback.  I cannot tell if this is an issue with the controller,  the cakewalk program,  or possibly my laptop, (which is running an up to date version of windows 11).

I know I must be missing something,  but I don't know what it is.  Anyone else have any ideas?

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Kevin Kuchta said:

I recently purchased a used Nektar LX88+. As fas as I can tell,  I did my initial setup correctly.  It appears that the controller is sending data to cakewalk project,  because the meters jump. However there is no audio playback.  I cannot tell if this is an issue with the controller,  the cakewalk program,  or possibly my laptop, (which is running an up to date version of windows 11).

I know I must be missing something,  but I don't know what it is.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Are the meters the ones on the MIDI tracks, or on the audio tracks? 

What sound sources do you have setup in the project, to create audio from the MIDI input?

Exactly how do you have the project setup, including tracks, buses, audio ins and outs, and what is connected to your audio interface outputs for speaker playback (and its' volume level)?

Without knowing the path you have setup for audio, and how the MIDI gets to that audio, it's tough to guess what's wrong.