CAL/macro to enable groove clip and extend to now marker?

GreenLight

Depending on the "smarts" of the scripting language, there are macro / script programs that run in the OS itself that might do what you want with minimal user interaction.  Some computer (text) keyboards come with software to do this kind of thing; some of those only run in the OS, and some create macros stored inside the keyboard itself (not sure how many of these are still made). 

• Like 1

autohotkey.com 

Even though it is possible to program this, I don’t think it would be practical. The reason would be, where would the mouse click. The clip would need to be in exactly the same place every time. It might be possible with key commands, but it still would not be easy. It is beyond me. I am a medium programmer in autohotkey. There are a couple of people that are way better than me. I wish SCook was still here!  

• Like 1

The concepts of clips and groove clips hadn't yet been implemented when CAL was developed; it can only operate on individual events. CAL could be made to do it by Copy-Paste with the known From and Thru values of the selected clip.

Groove Clip Looping is sort of aimed at users who prefer to edit with the mouse. If you prefer to use keyboard shortcuts, there is already Duplicate and Copy-Paste with Repetitions that will get the job done in short order. Or you could go to clip properties and change the length of the Groove Clip - e.g. if you quaduple the length, you get 4 repetitions.

• Like 2