Help me please . I want to change the sounds on the midi keyboard while playing on the floor

Mb Karaagac

Question

Hello . Thank you for your amazing DAW software .  I will buy a new midi keyboard and play live on stage. I use cakewalkband as software. I want to change the sounds on the midi keyboard while playing. So, while the piano sound is playing at the beginning of the piece, I want to switch to the saxophone sound later. I want to make practical and fast switching from the midi keyboard. I am using rfx nexus vst. With which midi keyboard can I do this in cakewalk? Thank you, regards. Is m audio 61 key suitable?

2 answers to this question

You would need to send a program change message on your midi keyboard to RFX Nexus VST.  Look in the documentation for your VST to see what program change messages to send. Also, you would need to have your keyboard be able to send that message.

Are you using Cakewalk only for a host of your VST? If so, there are stand alone hosts for VSTs that might be easier to use for this rather then a whole DAW like Cakewalk.

Edited by reginaldStjohn

Have you confirmed that RFX Nexus can respond to Program changes.  If so, then, for best results with program changes, use the VTS2 version (some plugins do not respond to VST3 program changes even if enabled in the plugin).

If RFX Nexus can respond to Program changes, do these preset changes happen quickly?  Being a romper, when changing sounds in Nexus, there will be a delay while waiting for the samples to load.