Korg triton plugin not sounding

Bon not a don

Question

This issue has left me totally stumped and i feel kinda stupid asking this, but i'm hoping somebody can help.

I have a triton plugin assigned to a track and i import some midi data into the track and IT DOESN'T SOUND even though its playing perfectly on the triton plugin keyboard. And here's where it gets more bizzare. I input some midi notes on the piano roll and they sound perfectly but the imported midi notes dont sound at all !

As if thats not enough, i assign another plugin to the track and all the notes play perfectly.

Am i missing something here ?

4 answers to this question

What channel is the MIDI track set to (if any)?

Can you show us the contents of that MIDI clip using the Event List View.

To me this looks like a MIDI channel issue.

Personally, I set my MIDI tracks or SITs to a specific MIDI track rather than “none”.

Thanx for quick reply.

Im wondering if its midi issue then it should affect all other plugins, but other plugins play fine and only triton acts stubborn.

Anyway, here are the i/o and event clips. My input is always set to omni and i had no problems at all.bandicam2024-10-1113-18-12-639.thumb.jpg.de1cdbec5e4000fce21f143ef6cee457.jpg

bandicam 2024-10-11 13-17-58-848.jpg

bandicam 2024-10-11 13-18-05-736.jpg

I still can't see your MIDI channel of your MIDI track (underneath the MIDI FX bin).

Note: That “in/out” that is set to Omni that I can see is the MIDI channel from your MIDI controller that the track responds to when playing live or recording.

If your MIDI track’s MIDI channel is set to “None“,  that the MIDI channels of the events themselves determine the MIDI channel sent to the Triton plugin.

The Triton plugin might expect the MIDI data to be sent on a specific MIDI channel (probably channel 1).  You have some MIDI events set to MIDI Channel 2.  This may be be why they are not sounding.  Wrong MIDI channel.

Other plugins may not require MIDI data to be sent on a specific MIDI channel, because may be set to respond to any MIDI channel (a setting in the plugin itself).  That's why the MIDI data is sounding on these other plugins.

The solution here might be to set MIDI channel of your Triton Simple Instrument Track (SIT) to 1.  This will override any MIDI channels that your MIDI events are set to in the MIDI track.

As mentioned, I alway set SITs and MIDI tracks to specific MIDI channels.  This give me control of the MIDI data that those MIDI tracks are sending on.

Also, in Preferences - File - Initialisation File (Advanced), I add the option RechannelMIDI=1.  That way, when I bounce clips in that track, The MIDI channels of all the events in that MIDI track get changed to the MIDI channel that the MIDI track (or SIT) itself is set to.  This becomes important when you want to edit Controller lane events.

Yes, it was a midi issue and here i was thinking choosing omni meant choosing ALL the midi channels.

Reason i was really stumped was because i use other plugins and they just play without me changing midi channels etc. Now i know i'll have to change the channel at least for the triton.

I guess this is the price i have to pay for migrating from logic pro x which has minimal midi application.

In any case, i'd like to thank you for your time. I greatly appreciate it.

bandicam 2024-10-11 22-40-34-472.jpg