Is there a way to permanently kill all MIDI, tails and samples? .

Wojtek Stecyszyn

Question

Hello everyone

The "Reset MIDI and Audio" button will kill the MIDI or a sample

or a reverb/delay only for a moment - or I would say it rather only PAUSE the sound and as soon hit PLAY or press "Run the Audio Engine" button - the sound is back.

SITUATION 1: I have nice long delay at the end of my song but I don't always want to hear its long tail and wait till the delay will naturally die. I want just hit STOP, go to any other part of the song hit PLAY and have clean playback BUT as soon as I hit the PLAY i can hear again the tail of that delay and do I want it or not - I have to wait till it dies to have clean playback again.

SITUATION nr2: When auditioning very long samples not during playback but playing the samples on their own triggered by MIDI controller (or inside the sampler) I have to wait till the whole sample will play. The RESET MIDI button only pause them and as soon as I start the audio engine back - the sample continue.

I TRiED:

Pressing Reset MIDI button (and Stop Audio Engine button) on their own and with CTRL/ALT/Shift in every combination.

In Preferences - File - Initialization File (Advanced) add the option PanicStrength=1

but no luck  :(

I just need a one simple and permanent KILL'em ALL button with no coming back from the dead.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet