Anybody Familiar With Codemeter?

Keni

I just got an offer from APD for a free plugin from Rhodes called V-Pan... I downloaded it but haven't installed it yet as there's a note during the d/l telling of the installation of codemeter software for product registration/regulation which made me stop short.

I didn't begin the install... Remembering the past made me wonder if this is simply another manufacturer's typical program, or more potentially problematic as it is a 3rd party software.

So I thought I might ask around about Codemeter before proceeding. Interesting enough as the plugin appears to me, system disruptions are far more concerning and the plugin isn't worth the risk at the moment....?

Anyone...?

4 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Hi Keni,

Codemeter is a hardware dongle (similar to iLok or e-Licenser).

For a good while, Codemeter was used by Samplitude.

Magix moved away from using Codemeter... and it's not been used by many other developers.

Thanks Jim...

Is it relatively benign?

This is a software version of Codemeter. I'm guessing similar to iLok on the desktop?

1 hour ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Hi Keni,

I never had any issue with Codemeter.

Thanks Jim...

That's what I was hoping to hear...

I'll give it a try.

If you're interested it's free from Rhodes through APD...  It appears to be an automated panner related to the Rhodes chorus panning maybe? Here's the d/l link

https://deals.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=63ba9268d7ed400d7bd933660&id=c35a4d1426&e=22fd0c11f1

I'm gonna install it now...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kitekrazy1 said:

Same here. It was always a part of Reason. 

Thanks. Interesting that it didn't appear during the install. Having trouble getting it to accept the supplied serial number.