Copilot+ PC

Bill Phillips

Question

I'm unfamiliar with Copilot+ PCs, but just read an article proclaiming them (laptop versions) to be "best of breed ... outperforming anything else even Apple's MacBook" which got my attention. My first question is,  really?  Followed by, could these laptops be used for recording and mixing? 

Is anyone using one. 

1 answer to this question

Is NPU better than GPU?

It depends on what context you are comparing a Neural Processing Unit (NPU) against a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) since both are integral parts of a computer's processing abilities. GPUs are specifically designed to render complex imagery to handle tasks like video editing and gaming. However, NPUs are designed to work faster with AI tasks, reducing some GPU loads so a system can work more efficiently. The thing is, NPUs tend to be more limited to small, repetitive tasks, whereas GPUs can handle larger and new tasks better. The important thing is that both processors work together to improve a system's overall performance, like in a laptop. 

What can I use an NPU for?

A Neural Processing Unit (NPU) can accelerate AI machine learning tasks such as speech recognition, background blurring in video calls, and photo or video editing processes like object detection.

my question is: what is an AI task? i can imagine your Copilot+ PC stopping you to ask all kinds of questions like the software Copilot will tend to do -- "how can i help you now?" stuff... LOL. 

it will be interesting when someone creates valid benchmarks...