Kirk Hunter Farewell Sale

kitekrazy1

8 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

As music becomes less culturally relevant (young people barely listen to it) we will see a lot more of this.

I think it's more nuanced than that. Kids listen to more music than ever before. Streaming makes access more possible than ever.  As far as defining them, this is also situational. I don't think there has ever been a more literally defining genre than Drill in the US. Unlike the gangsta rap of the 90's that was mostly fantasy ( or dramatization of reality, drill tends to document real situations with real consequences, including many fatal responses to literal lyrics chronicling murder. There have been at least 600nof these over the last few years.  Aside from the depressing death scenarios, tiktok and social media has made music  very prevalent amd degining in arguably less than desirable ways. Every week there's a new challenge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Young people are not "defined" by music in the same way previous generations were. There's less kids learning to play instruments, basically no new bands being formed, less people buying gear, etc. 

Oh I definitely get that.  I'm a retired educator.   We are so use to everything being immediate and fail to realize something like that takes effort.  So is learning how to use a DAW.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

I think it's more nuanced than that. Kids listen to more music than ever before. Streaming makes access more possible than ever.  As far as defining them, this is also situational. I don't think there has ever been a more literally defining genre than Drill in the US. Unlike the gangsta rap of the 90's that was mostly fantasy ( or dramatization of reality, drill tends to document real situations with real consequences, including many fatal responses to literal lyrics chronicling murder. There have been at least 600nof these over the last few years.  Aside from the depressing death scenarios, tiktok and social media has made music  very prevalent amd degining in arguably less than desirable ways. Every week there's a new challenge. 

give me a nice country and western song any day.

18 minutes ago, Mr No Name said:

give me a nice country and western song any day.

Country western music, surprisingly to some and not so much to anyone who has ever been to dive bars in bible belt, has the highest references to drugs and alcohol than any genre. People tend to cherry pick the variation of things they like that seem positive to them while ignoring the less savory or they end up spinning aspects that many find negative into positive . I grew up listening to many genres, including country and a brawl is just as likely in a country music playing dive as any place playing rap.

6 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

Country western music, surprisingly to some and not so much to anyone who has ever been to dive bars in bible belt, has the highest references to drugs and alcohol than any genre. People tend to cherry pick the variation of things they like that seem positive to them while ignoring the less savory or they end up spinning aspects that many find negative into positive . I grew up listening to many genres, including country and a brawl is just as likely in a country music playing dive as any place playing rap.

I know that's why I like it.

• Haha 1

Many have speculated about my decision to step back. There’s no single reason, but primarily, at 65, I feel it’s time to pursue more creative and enjoyable ventures, which are already gaining traction. Additionally, with the rise of AI and evolving technology, I believe the business model for sample library development no longer aligns with my goals.

Kirk Hunter

Edited by kitekrazy1