Upcoming Tonex soft/firmware update

Sander Verstraten

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tonex/#nl_form_area

Scroll down to New TONEX FX.

New TONEX FX

Coming Soon

A free update is coming soon for all TONEX users. It includes 8 new FX, including 2 delays, chorus, flanger, tremolo, phaser, rotary and new spring reverb. Two new FX blocks can be configured pre- or post-amp and cab for maximum customization. The 8 FX are compatible with TONEX Mac/PC, TONEX Pedal, and TONEX ONE. The software and firmware updates will ship in November 2024.

7 Slots with 15 FX

Modulation: Chorus, Tremolo, Phaser, Flanger, Rotary

Delay: Digital, Tape

Reverb: Spring 1, Spring 2, Spring 3, Spring 4, Room, Plate

Compressor

Noise Gate

Compatible with TONEX Mac/PC, TONEX Pedal, and TONEX ONE

• Thanks 1

I wonder what the Expression Pedal input will be able to control here.  

Having a full blown midi controller is going to make this unbelievable, but that is also a pretty big investment in both cost and figuring out how it works.

Being able to turn on and off effects with a simple expression pedal input would have a lot of value in a potentially small space.  And if it could use all 3 buttons on say a FS300, that would be mind blowing.

• Like 1

How on earth do you browse 35000 captures!??!?!? That is so crazy.

I finally got it to work on my MAC and judging by the preview alone... there is no contest Tonex wins (although I would like to get my hands on the new Nano Cortex).

(EDIT: Seems captures are where it's at!)

Edited by Last Call
  • Like 1

That new spring reverb sounds way more like what I'm after. Nice.

I feel like, so far, IK has done an amazing job with ToneX, including the rollout. It definitely felt somewhat unfinished on first release, but the sounds were there. They've done a great job fine-tuning it and it's very nice these have been free updates!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

That new spring reverb sounds way more like what I'm after. Nice.

I feel like, so far, IK has done an amazing job with ToneX, including the rollout. It definitely felt somewhat unfinished on first release, but the sounds were there. They've done a great job fine-tuning it and it's very nice these have been free updates!

Yep, every time the "IKM hate" starts up I have to point out to others that TONEX is literally one of the best music products to hit the market in at least 10 years.  It isn't perfect but it is a wonderful product that has made great tone available/attainable to just about anyone not in a 3rd world country.  

• Like 6