Izotope- Aurora | Intelligent reverb

hsmusic

Introducing Aurora: intelligent reverb for cleaner mixes. Aurora reacts to your audio to easily and dynamically unmask instruments and vocals, creating lush, three-dimensional space that won’t drown out your tracks.

Aurora features
-Adaptive Unmasking
-Six reverb types
-Pre-Delay/Decay, width, and general tone settings
-Unmasking behavior and sensitivity controls
-Hi-pass and low-pass filters
-Delta an Bypass toggle buttons
-60 custom-built, professional presets
-Intuitive, easy-to-use interface

$49.00
https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/aurora/

• Thanks 1

i got an email yesterday saying $39 instead of $49 as a loyalty offer

Intelligent reverb for only $39

Meet Aurora, our new intelligent reverb that reacts to your audio and carves out space for your instruments and vocals. Say goodbye to muddy mixes and long plugin chains. Say hello to effortlessly clean reverb.

Plus, save 20% with your special loyalty offer for a limited time.

i go there, logged in, no loyalty offer and the price is €55... ***** izotope

8 hours ago, BTP said:

has anyone bought it

I already have all of the Exponentials and Neoverb, so I'll wait a couple of years for the $9.99 sales.

What it does can probably be approximated with pre and/or post EQ on a reverb send. Some reverbs (like the Exponentials and MeldaProduction's) have EQ built in. It looks like what they've done here is built in Trackspacer or MSpectralDynamics-style adaptive collision control. Notice how the demo shows a common EQ "smile."

Carving EQ in reverb returns dates back at least as far as George Martin at Abbey Road.

What they've done is a clever, iZotope-y take on it.

If I want what it does, I can twist up something in MXXX. Might be a fun challenge.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

17 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

they abandoned the EA plugins

They didn't abandon them, they consolidated them. Except for that multi-fx one whose name I can't even remember. Stratus and Symphony and their 3D counterparts have been updated to run on Apple's new processors and are still being sold.

Phoenix, Nimbus and Stratus could have been called Phoenix, Phoenix 2, and Phoenix 3. Or even 1.1 and 1.2, the newer features really weren't all that. The presets from each previous one work in the later ones.

Same with R1, R2 and Symphony.

That was the Exponential guy's doing, for whatever reason he decided that each revision should have a whole new product name. He did seem to be into wringing as much money as possible out of the products, Stratus and Symphony are STILL single-seat licenses. iZotope at least put them in the iLok Cloud so you can use them on multiple systems, just not at the same time.

iZotope probably decided that there was no reason other than price to maintain 12 products instead of 4.

There was some outcry about old project compatibility for Phoenix and the rest, but If Phoenix and R1 stop working for whatever reason and people still have unfinished projects that include them, they can export presets and use them in the newer versions. Sux for Mac users, but if anyone's used to forced upgrades, it's Mac users.🙄

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

They didn't abandon them, they consolidated them. Except for that multi-fx one whose name I can't even remember. Stratus and Symphony and their 3D counterparts have been updated to run on Apple's new processors and are still being sold.

Phoenix, Nimbus and Stratus could have been called Phoenix, Phoenix 2, and Phoenix 3. Or even 1.1 and 1.2, the newer features really weren't all that. The presets from each previous one work in the later ones.

Same with R1, R2 and Symphony.

That was the Exponential guy's doing, for whatever reason he decided that each revision should have a whole new product name. He did seem to be into wringing as much money as possible out of the products, Stratus and Symphony are STILL single-seat licenses. iZotope at least put them in the iLok Cloud so you can use them on multiple systems, just not at the same time.

iZotope probably decided that there was no reason other than price to maintain 12 products instead of 4.

There was some outcry about old project compatibility for Phoenix and the rest, but If Phoenix and R1 stop working for whatever reason and people still have unfinished projects that include them, they can export presets and use them in the newer versions. Sux for Mac users, but if anyone's used to forced upgrades, it's Mac users.🙄

Well I own at least 3 seats each of R4 and Nimbus (and also have at least two seats for Excalibur - which don't have a new home).   They will no longer make any updates to keep these operational with future OS updates (hopefully not an issue on Windows, but who knows)

The cost to upgrade 6 seats to a different product that is "compatible/updated moving forward" is an absurd amount of money and therefore I'd call them abandoned.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hsmusic said:

Michael retired so no updates to his codes.

We don't need updates to the algos, anyone on the dev team can keep it updated for os changes.  See the note above about the two EA plugins that are the same thing that are getting updates.  They chose not to and charge absurd upgrade fees for features we don't need.

9 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

The cost to upgrade 6 seats to a different product that is "compatible/updated moving forward" is an absurd amount of money and therefore I'd call them abandoned.

Hey, I sympathize. Just saying that iZotope acquired an unfortunate situation as far as how the product line was set up. The line should have already been down to just 4 reverbs.

I too have a couple of Excalibur licenses kicking around although I no longer even bother to install it. I only picked it up because $9.99 and Phoenix knocked me out so hard I figured it had to have something going for it. Turns out it just never made the rotation.

As you point out, the Exponential abandonment should be less of an issue on Windows. Mac users are used to being treated as money-filled piñatas, hung by their feet and beaten until the cash falls from their pockets. At least MTurboReverble finally managed to equal the Expos in quality (IMO).