Price Drop- UnFairchild Plug-In now $99

hsmusic

We’ve dropped the price of the UnFairchild 670M mkII plug-in to just $99!  Customers who previously purchased the plug-in at its old price will be refunded.

What’s new?

•    Added side-chain high pass filter
    •    Improved performance of external sidechain
    •    Added make-up gain
    •    Faster load time
    •    Improved CPU efficiency

https://digital.undertoneaudio.com/products/uta-d-unfairchild-670m-mkii-v1-0

• Like 1

I think it's a smart move on their part, they'll do much better selling it at this price point. I don't recall this happening too often with plugins releases. At least their refunding the previous orders so that's encouraging.

I tried the new version & while nice there's something not quite right going on with it on my system. Plus it still takes a long time to load & the cpu is high.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

Perhaps sales weren't going as they hoped...

Especially with that "customers who previously purchased the plug-in at its old price will be refunded" clause, I'd say they did not.

If they had said "both customers who previously purchased the plug-in at its old price will be refunded" it wouldn't have surprised me.

I mean, what were they trying to sell it for? $200? Or was it more?

"Hello, this is the plug-in market, we're calling to inform you that everyone who wants a vintage Fairchild 670 emulation already has at least one, and they paid less for it than this. IK Multimedia even gave out free licenses for their highly-regarded one a few years ago. PreSonus bundles one with their DAW. If you had come out with this product in 2009 you may have had some takers at that price. It is not 2009. Many DAW users were not even born in 2009. Goodbye and have a great day."

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 2