UAD Creative FX Bundle $59 ("You save $836")

fpoir

At Plugin Boutique, ends October 7th

Requirements include "Free iLok account with iLok Cloud or iLok USB (2nd generation or higher)"

FWIW Cakewalk isn't listed under "DAW Compatibility"—maybe someone who's used UAD plugins (I haven't) has thoughts?

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/81-Bundles/39-Effects-Bundles/13092-UAD-Creative-FX-Bundle-Exclusive-..

Included:

Studio D Chorus

Galaxy Tape Echo

Pure Plate Reverb

Waterfall Rotary Speaker

Verve Analog Machines

• Like 1

Given the amount of system resources UAD's VCA Compressor eats up on my system, I can do without their products. These days, plug-ins should not jump in resource usage when you open their UI. Especially ones that have no dynamic display other than a moving needle. We have OpenGL, we have DirectX. Use them.

Has me wondering whether all those years of being able to offload the processing to their coprocessors made them lazy as far as resource usage. It looks as if they decided that personal computers now have enough CPU cores and RAM to do what once required a dedicated IC.

I was skeptical about those UAD coprocessors until about 5 years ago, when I got a chance to compare brainworx' native plug-ins to the UAD-aware ones. The UAD-aware ones sounded better. Likely due to being able to do more with those coprocessors.