Fresh Install, No Audio to Any Outputs

Tobi

Question

Fresh Install of Cakewalk, getting no audio to any output device. Using Realtek Audio, I'm guessing it's just outdated and unsupported but I'm hoping thats not the issue. I've gone through the checklists, my audio is working just fine with ever other app, my sound card is properly connected, the tracks aren't muted nor are the volume of them turned down, they are in the correct frequencies I should expect to be hearing them in, the output device is correct, the driver mode is correct, I've run the Wave Profiler with seemingly no issue, I can see the track on my windows audio mixer and its max volume and unmuted, I've restarted my computer (full shutdown and reboot). I tried to use other my other outputs available (they are all on and fully functional with every other app) I'm not sure what else I can do. To clarify, I'm not attempting to write a midi track, only editing tracks I can find online for use in a video game (rust), so I don't have a midi input/output instrument selected. I know the tracks have audio, I can listen to them quite fine using VLC.

whatamidoingwrong.png

2 answers to this question

Your audio device set up seems fine, but without seeing your track / bus routing it's impossible to tell where the track is being routed to.

Also, all of your tracks are plain MIDI tracks.  MIDI itself makes no sound - it needs to be routed to a software synth or an external sound device via a MIDI interface.

• Thanks 1