Crash Code: ca230000

tdehan

Question

All of a sudden when attempting to play this particular project Cakewalk crashes and shuts down.  I've tried reaching out to the link the error message says to reach out to (legacy.help.cakewalk.com) but that returns page cannot be found.

Attached is the .dmp file.

What is causing this?  This has worked fine in the past.  I am running the latest version of Bandlab Cakewalk.

Cakewalk Crash.jpg

Can't Stop Thinking About You11-live_09242024_142345.dmp

4 answers to this question

Not enough information.

What have you tried so far?

This is probably either be a buggy plugin or a buggy audio interface driver.

Update your audio interface driver.  You might want to Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your Audio Interface (head to the manufacturer’s website to see if there is a later version, don’t use Windows Update).

To see if it a plugin, hold shift while opening your project to bypass plugins. 

Edited by Promidi

21 hours ago, Promidi said:

Not enough information.

What have you tried so far?

This is probably either be a buggy plugin or a buggy audio interface driver.

Update your audio interface driver.  You might want to Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your Audio Interface (head to the manufacturer’s website to see if there is a later version, don’t use Windows Update).

To see if it a plugin, hold shift while opening your project to bypass plugins. 

• My project consists of one .wav file.
  • The .wav file plays just fine with no issue.
  • I am trying to add a bass line.  I created a new Audio track, plug my bass into my Focusrite, play the bass and all is fine.
  • Suddenly when I try to add a Prochannel Preset that I've used numerous times before for the bass, Bandlab Cakewalk crashes throwing the error message I attached in my last post and shuts down.
  • This happens all of a sudden with ANY ProChannel Preset I try to add but only to this one project
  • When I open any of my other projects and perform the same steps Cakewalk does not crash.

I've updated my Focusrite 4i4 with the latest driver and it makes no difference.

Edited by tdehan

26 minutes ago, tdehan said:
  • My project consists of one .wav file.
  • The .wav file plays just fine with no issue.
  • I am trying to add a bass line.  I created a new Audio track, plug my bass into my Focusrite, play the bass and all is fine.
  • Suddenly when I try to add a Prochannel Preset that I've used numerous times before for the bass, Bandlab Cakewalk crashes throwing the error message I attached in my last post and shuts down.
  • This happens all of a sudden with ANY ProChannel Preset I try to add but only to this one project
  • When I open any of my other projects and perform the same steps Cakewalk does not crash.

I've updated my Focusrite 4i4 with the latest driver and it makes no difference.

That should not be happening on a properly configured PC.

Have you excluded all Cakewalk folders from any real-time anti-virus/anti-imalware scanners.

This could even be a hardware issue.

You might have to contact support.

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

16 minutes ago, Promidi said:

That should not be happening on a properly configured PC.

Have you excluded all Cakewalk folders from any real-time anti-virus/anti-imalware scanners.

This could even be a hardware issue.

You might have to contact support.

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I agree it should not be happening.  This only started happening in the past couple days.