Brandenburg Piano by IK Multimedia Free for a limited time

BTP

Music producers and composers, seize this limited-time opportunity! We are giving away IK Multimedia’s Brandenburg Piano for FREE. This virtual instrument boasts a rich, warm sound from a meticulously sampled 1958 Bechstein grand piano.

With over 1GB of high-quality samples, Brandenburg Piano captures every nuance, from delicate pianissimos to thundering fortissimos. Perfect for classical, jazz, pop, and more!

https://audioplugin.deals/product/brandenburg-piano-by-ik-multimedia/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Geez, but I hate IKM's Product Manager. After registering the Brandenburg Piano in the Product Manager, I ran Install, it defaulted to my Download directory. I assumed that it would download there, and then install in the appropriate location. NOPE! It downloaded AND installed into my download folder AND added my Download folder to the list of instrument folders in SampleTank. Sheesh. I had to go to the IKM website and figure out that the Brandenburg Piano was a SampleTank 3 instrument and then figure out where the contents of the 3 folders in my Download folder that got created (not including the 4th folder that had the downloaded file itself) needed to be moved to. I then deleted my Download folder from the list of Instrument folders in ST4.

I then ran SampleTank 4 and rescanned all instruments. Then I spent some time trying to find the B.P. instrument. Was it called the Brandenburg Piano? Oh, hell no. It was called the Berlin Grand Piano! To find them, you have to click on "Piano" in the Categories column, then scroll down the Instruments column to the 4 Berlin Grand Piano presets. Give me an f'ing break.

After going through all of that, and scrolling past the Art Deco Piano presets, I remembered that I'd had to do the exact same thing many moons ago for the Art Deco. Too bad I didn't remember that.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Was it called the Brandenberg Piano? Oh, hell no. It was called the Berlin Grand Piano! To find them, you have to click on "Piano" in the Categories section, then scroll down the Instruments column to the 4 Berlin Grand Piano presets. Give me an f'ing break.

bp.png.790ad1c0fbb94bb33bc4492a5b98e1f1.png

I don't think it's been scanned properly.

I agree that it's very annoying to deal with ST sound content.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BTP said:

bp.png.790ad1c0fbb94bb33bc4492a5b98e1f1.png

I don't think it's been scanned properly.

I agree that it's very annoying to deal with ST sound content.

Ahhhh. OK, I found that, installed but locked. I'm still working on it. I've deleted all of the related files, so ST4 and the IKM PM both think that it isn't installed. That's as far as I've gotten so far. I'm update this if and when I figure it out. I think I'll still with the Pianoteq 8 version anyway.

I give up. It is registered correctly in the IKM PM and in my online account. ST4 sees it, but the presets are grayed out and the Library icon has a Lock icon on it that I can't get to go away. When I click on it, sometimes it loads the IKM PM and sometimes it loads my browser with the IKM website. What a waste of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kal S said:

I believe that you have to launch the Authorization Manager and activate the Brandenburg key in there. This is in addition to activating it in the IKM Product Manager.

That should unlock it.

Son of a basket of fried chicken! That did the trick. Merci beaucoup!

Why, oh why, is the authorization manager feature not built in to the product manager?

This whole process reminded me of a design engineer I worked with over 30 years ago. His one and only goal in life was to make his designs as complicated as possible and still get them to work. Some of the time. In the lab. One time, he was tasked with designing a test unit for field use for our remote telemetry products. When I saw his design, I told the head of R&D that it was a disaster waiting to happen. I was the most junior designer and he was #2, so I wasn't listened to. We built his tester and had to sell it for over $6K. It turned out to be almost unusable in the field. The head of R&D came back to me and asked me to design its replacement. I included a microprocessor that "gasp" required software instead a being a purely hardware unit like the original. It was 25% of the size and we were able to sell it for $1K with higher profit than the original. And it was rock-solid in the field.

When I gave up on that company and went to work for our main competitor (Motorola), that black hole for development dollars was still there, doing his thing. My goal at Motorola was to drive my old company into bankruptcy in 24 months. It took me 30.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John Maar said:

Why, oh why, is the authorization manager feature not built in to the product manager?

It is (see screenshot below).

I entered my code using that button and it worked.  I did not have to use the Authorization Manager.

image.thumb.png.3dc82a4d0d5c23834765493c5de2fb4c.png

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, locrian said:

It is (see screenshot below).

I entered my code using that button and it worked.  I did not have to use the Authorization Manager.

image.thumb.png.3dc82a4d0d5c23834765493c5de2fb4c.png

That's the way I did it. Twice. Didn't work. That could be because the first time, it installed to my Download folder. When I moved the files to the correct location, the authorization may have been lost or invalidated. Anyway, it's working now.

• Like 2