Humble IK Pro Sound Suite

kricho

6 hours ago, tom said:

I’ve never fully understood IK Multimedia tiers, I have SampleTank 4 CS so does the $1 deal for SampleTank 4 give me something else? Or is it just the same sampler/player thing without any libraries?

You get lots more instruments than in the CS version. Well worth this bargain price. You should be able to do a comparison of content across the various versions on the IK Multimedia site 

• Like 1

I am not a fan of Sampletank. I have it installed, but only have my Syntronik 2 Max instruments available. At this price, I couldn't see any reason not to pick up all of the Sampletank 4 instruments. It's going to take a LONG time to download and install all of them. My 2 TB Thunderbolt 3 SSD sample drive will be close to maxed out when it's finished. I think I'll move all of my IKM instruments to one of my 2 USB3.2 2 TB drives.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John Maar said:

I am not a fan of Sampletank. I have it installed, but only have my Syntronik 2 Max instruments available. At this price, I couldn't see any reason not to pick up all of the Sampletank 4 instruments. It's going to take a LONG time to download and install all of them. My 2 TB Thunderbolt 3 SSD sample drive will be close to maxed out when it's finished. I think I'll move all of my IKM instruments to one of my 2 USB3.2 2 TB drives.

I have all of mine on  HDD and they load fine.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom said:

I’ve never fully understood IK Multimedia tiers, I have SampleTank 4 CS so does the $1 deal for SampleTank 4 give me something else? Or is it just the same sampler/player thing without any libraries?

This should help.

Sampletank 4, the engine and player/editor, is the same in all versions, they just vary greatly in the amount of content you get with it.

With IK, it usually goes, in order of content:

CS<SE<Standard<MAX

CS is the free version, limited but quite useful. SE is the lightest paid version, then Standard, then MAX.

Your Sampletank 4 CS has 4GB of samples and 50 patches.

If you pay for the $1 Humble Bundle you get the Standard version, with 100GB of samples and 6000 patches. So, yes, it very much gives you something else.

If you pay $30, you get MAX,. which includes Miroslav Philharmonik 2, Syntronik 2, and SampleTron 2. Those products may be used in Sampletank or separately. Then there's a whole lotta Sampletank modules, like Neil Peart Drums, Terry Bozzio Drums, Alan Parsons Piano, their Rhodes, Wurli, combo organs, just a ton of content.

So much that I've had Sampletank 4 MAX for over a year and I still haven't gone through it all. 600GB of samples, 18, 096 patches.

Some of the modules (like the drum modules) come with libraries of MIDI loops that are designed around the sounds. I haven't even messed about with those. It's a huge buffet of sounds. Think of a vintage keyboard or synth and it's likely in there somewhere.

• Like 2