Where is the sysex editor?

Steven Philips

Unlike the old Cakewalk sonar X3 PE, the Bandlab version has got rid of the sysex shortcut and is no longer in the 'View' dropdown, I have look everywhere for it, and yet sysex is available as it keeps asking if I want to send sysex messages, but I want to remove the messages as they are muting VSTi's.

When I use TTS-1, the instruments are fine, but as soon as I plugin a VSTi, the VSTi suddenly becomes silent, and when I look at the event list, there are a few messages such as chorus and wheel controllers, but nothing that would silent the instrument, but I can't check the sysex messages as there is no way possible to open the sysex editor, I've looked in ALL menus, why was it removed from the view dropdown?

14 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Switch your workspace either to Advanced or None. 

The Basic workspace hides a number of options, including Sysex.

OK, but even the shortcut ALT+SHIFT+7 should open the sysex editor, but nothing happens.  I can't keep changing workspaces just to obtain a hidden feature, and the control bar is not customizable, as on some workspaces, the icons on the control bar are at different positions, and the way the 'Basic' workspace control bar icons are placed is ideal for me, but I can't replicate that when creating a new workspace, as the module drop down is different, having the 'Custom' module second from the bottom not at the top, meaning the 'Custom' module will be the 2nd to last module on the right of the bar not at the beginning, and drag & drop icons don't work.

Edited by Steven Philips

35 minutes ago, Steven Philips said:

OK, but even the shortcut ALT+SHIFT+7 should open the sysex editor, but nothing happens.  I can't keep changing workspaces just to obtain a hidden feature, and the control bar is not customizable, as on some workspaces, the icons on the control bar are at different positions, and the way the 'Basic' workspace control bar icons are placed is ideal for me, but I can't replicate that when creating a new workspace, as the module drop down is different, having the 'Custom' module second from the bottom not at the top, meaning the 'Custom' module will be the 2nd to last module on the right of the bar not at the beginning, and drag & drop icons don't work.

If you like the layout of the Basic workspace, make a copy of it then edit your custom workspace it to show the extra functions.

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

If you like the layout of the Basic workspace, make a copy of it then edit your custom workspace it to show the extra functions.

I was looking for a way to copy a workspace, and thought it would be in the 'Manage Workspaces' which I selected 'Basic' at the top, then in the pane on the left I saw a 'Views' selection, and in there I saw that SySx was unchecked, so I checked it, and applied the changes, now I have SySx in the view menu in the basic workspace.

All the settings and features I needed were in that 'Manage Workspaces' window.

This solution may help others that having the same problem I had.

Thanks for helping guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1