Is there a way to import a tempo map into Bandlab?

GTsongwriter

I use Melodyne to create a tempo map and curious if it's possible to import that tempo map.mid file into Bandlab so that I can create beats on time with the song my friend created without a program.  My friend just plays guitar and sings, but they don't use any recording software.  That's why I use Melodyne to create tempo map. 

Anyone know how to import Tempo map.mid file into Bandlab for iOS or Android or Website?

With this new information...

I'm curious if the following workflow is possible and how it might be done. Here's what I'm imagining:

1. **Create a click track in BandLab.**

2. In Cakewalk, **create a tempo map** by dragging the audio file to the tempo bar (when it turns blue, drop it).

3. **Import the click track** from BandLab into Cakewalk.

4. **Stretch the tempo map** in Cakewalk to sync the project in time with the imported click track.

5. **Export the adjusted audio** from Cakewalk to be re-imported back into BandLab.

Has anyone tried this or know if it's possible? I'd appreciate any tips on how to achieve this workflow if it can be done. Thanks!

6 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

Why use bandlab at all?

Because it's mobile.  I can use it on my phone and iOS.  You can't say that about Cakewalk.

And it makes collaboration easier!

I was thinking of file sharing websites, they are full of ads and some can attached virus or malware, etc.

Bandlab is easy for newbies or people whom are computer illiterate to collaborate. I don't have to spend a whole lot of time in teaching the singer, guitarist, bass player, etc how to use Bandlab.  I can spend more time mixing, and mastering the song.

They only thing I wish was Bandlab to support 24bit files instead of 16bit.  The highest they allow is 96khz 16bit.

Once you find others you want to collaborate with, the hard part is to think how educated are they at the computer in getting you the files you need?  Bandlab fills in the blanks and makes it easy for them to record and send that to you at the same time!

I find and work with a lot of aspiring artists whom don't use the computer.  They tend to be into their phones more than a computer.  Bandlab is on the phone.  That's a part of the equation where Bandlab makes sense.  Bandlab is both on Android and iPhone.  That's even better!

When you get into collaboration with new and young artists, this will make more sense to you.

Edited by GTsongwriter

18 hours ago, GTsongwriter said:

Because it's mobile.

ah yes forgetting about this

I was thinking of file sharing websites, they are full of ads and some can attached virus or malware, etc.

depends on the one you use, wetransfer is a decent freebie, or google drive or ms onedrive are trustworthy, also don't forget to have script & ad blocker extensions installed in your browser, general rule of thumb, the internet is much safer

When you get into collaboration with new and young artists, this will make more sense to you.

makes sense already!

/goodluck

• Like 1