No Sound from software instruments

Sean P Hutch

Question

So i recently just bought a new laptop (An ASUS Vivobook Windows 11) and ive been trying a few new DAWS as i was using garageband on my old Macbook, but every one i try there no sound coming through for software instruments. I still have sound coming from other programs and if i load the demo track it plays fine just when i try to make my own tracks, even trying to import from Bandlab which as a side not works fine if I load that online. I have no external audio inputs just the default system. Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

This is a bit of a vague question to answer. The only suggestion I can offer is for Cakewalk.  Make sure when you insert an instrument that it is actually routed to a master bus and the master bus is routed to your audio outputs.

Your audio device and driver type have to be selected first in preferences to know where to rout the output

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034169174-Connect-an-Audio-Interface

Hi Sean and welcome to the Cakewalk forums.

Can you post a picture of the track pane with your synth track in focus?  Are you using a Simple Instrument Track or a combination of a MIDI source and corresponding audio track for the synth?  It may be as simple as activating Input Echo (see below).

inputecho.thumb.png.0a63cc1339f2227c79c015c28305e376.png

Kind regards,

tecknot

Edited by tecknot