Question

3 answers to this question

The answer from staff (Noel?) was " it's the price you will pay for using our free software. "  There's different sorts of free software.

Ones that are no strings attached and absolutely free. No nag screens and yours to use for life. 

Some are Lite versions of a paid for version. Like Pro Tools First. They may or may not nag you to upgrade. 

Some are demos of the full version and have a time limit.  

Some are free with a Nag screen that will go away if you donate or pay for it, Example Melda free bundle. 

CbB is unique in that it is the full version of a long standing full featured Daw. They have moved on to a paid version =Sonar.  They have the right to totally remove access to CbB but they seem to be a kind hearted lot and didn't do that. 

It is understood that they need to keep track of how many people are still actively using CbB and the Log in every month(?) gives them control of the situation.

It is very wise right now to either upgrade to Sonar, or like me and many others,  start learning how to use other Daw's. Or better yet, both.  

I personally am not starting any new projects in Cakewalk. I have also backed up all my old projects as Midi files and stems so they can be transferred. I like many will purchase Sonar no problem when this becomes an option. If not I move sideways which is already working just fine for me. 

Edited by Sock Monkey
  • Like 1

I have the latest version of CbB and the most I have to sign in is around monthly.....   I definitely do not have to sign in “every time” I start CbB.

As to why you have to?  You are going to have to give us more information. 

What windows version? Is it fully patched? Have you tried setting another browser other then Edge as your default browser.? Vdist runitmes up to date? Is you PC online 24/7? (Unless you physically cannot, then, in this day and age, being online 24/7 is not really an issue).