Wine o'Clock

AndyB01

Here's a remix of a song I first posted on the old legacy forums around eight years ago - some of those who have been around that long may remember it. It's had a lift in key from D to F Major, and has been completely re-recorded and remastered - but apart from that - is largely unchanged from its original form.

Those of you who use EzKeys might recognise the piano track, as it's one of the stock EzKeys tracks in one of the MIDI packs (I forget which one) - so I take no credit for the musical composition, apart from combining the various song parts. I originally wrote the lyrics for this song back in 2015 (inspired by a news story about single mothers and their drinking habits as I recall) and I could never quite land a melody or accompaniment to match - despite several attempts. When I finally got Ezkeys at around that time, I found this track and it seemed like the perfect match so I decided to use it - pretty much as it was.

It really does need a female vocalist to do it justice (well, any vocalist rather than me tbf) but, as I don't have access to one, you'll have to make do with my dulcet (lol) tones.

I feel I may have over-cooked the top end on this when mastering (it sounds that way on my headphones) but I'm open to anyone who thinks they can do better job of it (I present a pretty low bar when it comes to mastering).

Anyway - here it is - Wine o'Clock

Edited by AndyB01
Embed code didn't work
  • Like 3