Song used on Major League Baseball

Mark Morgon-Shaw

I mostly do instrumental music but a song I co-wrote with Canadian singer Michelle Lindley has been the MLB network this past few weeks. They seem to favour the instrumental version though as they can talk over it  😆

Our song is  called We're On Top and you can listen to it here https://www.megatrax.com/tracks?q=We're On Top

I wrote the core of it in CbB before sending stems for Michelle to track her vocals in Cubase, then she sent the vocal stems back via Dropbox and I finished the mix/master in CbB.

It took 2 weeks, comprises of 60 tracks in total  ....File stats say I spent 60hrs on it  ( File Stats are in the notes section of the Browser for those who have never clicked  ) 

Here is the a screenshot of the final project for those interested. 

image.thumb.png.5499ff8daf7de878268abf9f84f19afc.png

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw
  • Like 4

• Mark Morgon-Shaw changed the title to Song used on Major League Baseball
5 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Congrats on the well deserved coverage of your song!  It's Very energetic and I see why they chose to use it. The Megatrax site looked well laid out for this. Was the MLB specifically targed for this song ?   Enjoyed it ..

mark

Thanks Mark

Megatrax is a big site where a lot of production companies that make broadcast TV go to get their music so it's a good platform to get on if you are aiming for Sync placements. 

MLB wasn't the specfic target, the original brief was for Sport Songs with a Female empowerment vibe as it was in advance of the Women's World Cup ( Soccer ) at the time and they wanted to put an album together with that purpose in mind. 

Ours was one of 16 tracks on the album but was selected to be track one which normally gets the most exposure, and our track was also selected for the social media campaign when the album droppped which was cool but no World Cup placements materialised. Over a period of time it's gotten air on German TV,  French TV,  American Football on TNT and now MLB so it all worked out in the end. We haven't been paid any of the royalties for it yet as they take 1-2yrs to get processed and arrive at the respective performing rights organisations.  Should make 4 figures for us both eventually but TV music is a lottery so will have to wait and see.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq-tAkGtP7t/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw
  • Thanks 1