A Boat In The Harbour

freddy j

Here is a little story of a guy who tries to see some of the world but has seen enough.  His bags are packed and he is heading home to his family and girl. 

I tried to do this song in a reggae style but timing is always an issue when I tried before.  Also  my ear infection is gone but hearing is not perfect.  So there might be issues  -- such as is the organ panned left too loud.  Therefore, comments, crit.'s, suggestions, etc.  will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

jA  BOAT  IN  THE  HARBOUR

https://www.soundclick.com/freddyj

Edited by freddy j
correction
  • Like 3

Hey Cakeboy.  I must admit that I have not been a big follower of Reggae either.  When the UK punks took a brief interest in it in the late 1970's (e.g., The Clash) I started listening to it  but not on a regular basis.  During that same time the club scene in the Florida Keys was playing a lot of it (not so much any more).  Every once in a while I will take a listen to some of the new stuff and try my hand at it.  However, the timing always seems to trip me up.  Thanks very much for listening and for commenting!

Hi Wookie.  Ya, I think that the rough sounding guitar panned center kind of pushes it out of the reggae category a bit.  The story line is similar to the story of Louie Louie by Richard Berry  --  a Calypso song.  In trying to cover all the bases added the tag "Caribbean"  I know cheap trick.   I very much appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment.  Thanks pal!

Hi Jack C.  Thank you for listening and for commenting.  I very much appreciate it!

Hi Jerrydf.   Thanks very much for listening and taking the time to comment.  I especially appreciate the input on the organ and I am going to be calming it down a bit.