You Can Dream In Spring

MichaelJohn

Done!  Preview is removed, here is the final track.  One of my most complex pieces I wrote in 2007 in retro pop/jazz band ensemble style.  

All instruments and effects  from Sample Tank 4 MAX.   Features the Nylon Guitar, Elect Piano and the Billy Cobham drum kit. 
 With Piano, Bass, Brass, Synth, Drums and Percussion.  Note that I never mix for headphones as I go for a raw live band sound using no compression.  I also use panning on keys.   Instruments may sharply pop in/out of the mix.  

You can 'Dream in Spring' any time of year.  It's when you have happy, wonderous dreams.  Which likely are most often in Spring.  (And not just when sleeping.)  Thus the name.   

Edited by MichaelJohn
  • Like 1

• MichaelJohn changed the title to You Can Dream In Spring

Wow, nice work. There's so many changes of mood here, but it always finds its way back to that  smooth groove. All the voices and the way they work together makes my head spin. I particularly enjoyed m the lead since sounds and the brass.

Edited by Kevin Walsh

Wow, nice work. There's so many changes of mood here, but it always finds its way back to that  smooth groove. All the voices and the way they work together makes my head spin. I particularly enjoyed m the lead since sounds and the brass.

Thanks!  I don't know if you wore headphones but I recommend speakers, because I don't mix for headphones and I use panning on the elect piano.  Also no compression.  

Just uploaded version 7 with many improvements.  

Edited by MichaelJohn