Sonar x2 can you use with windows 11?

Rb2

so I have the ancient sonar x2 and I will probably upgrade, but for now I have a new computer with windows 11 and I've the sonar x2 but it keeps saying that the sound drivers are not compatible.  I put in the old asio4all, and went to asio drivers, but still no sound.  Is windows 11 incompatible with the old sonar or am I doing something wrong?  

Windows 11 is compatible with Sonar, probably going all the way back to Sonar 1. Or even Cakewalk for DOS 1.0. I haven't tested this, as I will remain on Win10 until Microsoft tells me I can't anymore. That said, one of Cakewalk's great strengths has always been version compatibility. It's why if you upgrade you'll be able to open all your X2 projects in the current version of Sonar, assuming you leave X2's plugins in place.

Your issue is probably with drivers. Don't waste your time with asio4all. If you are using the motherboard's integrated audio, e.g. RealTek, try going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the current version of their ASIO driver. If that doesn't do the trick, try using WASAPI Shared. That usually works. If still no success, make sure Windows isn't somehow confused by which devices are enabled.

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Your issue is probably with drivers. Don't waste your time with asio4all. If you are using the motherboard's integrated audio, e.g. RealTek, try going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the current version of their ASIO driver. If that doesn't do the trick, try using WASAPI Shared. That usually works. If still no success, make sure Windows isn't somehow confused by which devices are enabled.

I would not even use the RealTek ASIO driver - known to be buggy.

Or get yourself an audio interface that comes with native ASIO drivers.

• Like 1