Went straight to "not authorized" mode this morning . No previous popup window about upcoming authorization.

My pc has been "offline" since my last monthly authorization. I've been expecting the toast screen to pop up any day now . This morning I started up in No save/export mode without ever getting the normal upcoming needed authorization screen.   Has anything changed that I'm not aware of ?     

I failed to make note of the last time I re-authorized so .. I can't be sure of how long it's been.        ms

I guess everyone (including me) is Tired of hearing about this subject ..     I'll just drop it.   

I would like to hear from someone "though" who uses the new Sonar Offline.

Not going to upgrade until I find out if I'm going to have the same problems..

mark

17 hours ago, mark skinner said:

I guess everyone (including me) is Tired of hearing about this subject ..     I'll just drop it.   

I would like to hear from someone "though" who uses the new Sonar Offline.

Not going to upgrade until I find out if I'm going to have the same problems..

mark

It's not necessarily that everyone is tired of hearing about it, I think it's more that most of us are always online and haven't had to deal with it.
Does going through the usual offline authorization procedure still work?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

There should be an official support person responding to these kinds of issues 

there is. just go to the support web page and fill in the form requesting help. or read the FAQ.

as far as offline activation - recently Noel walked someone through the process successfully. it does involve using a USB key or equiv.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. I do go thru both the off and online authorization about every 3 weeks without any issue. It's pretty cut and dry. The last time I used the the offline process though ,  I did pick up that countdown screen again about moving to the new Sonar .

This time around , I never got the toast screen about needing to reauthorize within the next 13 days. It just de-authorized without any notice. Thus the reason for my OP about any changes in authorization.  

I would think at least "someone" from the beta team (or the bakers) would have a spare "offline" pc to test the results of using the new Sonar on it for an extended time.       Then make the results public. 

Being offline is a PIDA but my studio building is just out of range for a cable.             mark

• Like 2