latency issues with Kemper in Cakewalk by Bandlab (Kemper USB in WASAPI mode)

Hi there,

I have trouble making recordings with my Kemper Stage. Since I gave up to plug it into my Antelope ZenQ SynergyCore via SP/DIF because its clock cannot be set on slave mode,  I tried to use the Kemper as an audio interface.

I have experienced the issues everyone has been through, driver issues etc. I finally could make it work by using the WASAPI driver (in shared mode, which is the only solution to record in 48kHz). Cakewalk doesn't work with Asio4all. Now it works fine except when I want to record. The tracks are systematically late and offset. I have checked the buffer size and it's not possible to adjust (10ms btw which theorically small).

Has someone here encountered the same problem?

Sorry for my english and thank you for your help!

Mickael

Edit

1 hour ago, Mickael Le Van said:

Hi there,

I have trouble making recordings with my Kemper Stage. Since I gave up to plug it into my Antelope ZenQ SynergyCore via SP/DIF because its clock cannot be set on slave mode,  I tried to use the Kemper as an audio interface.

I have experienced the issues everyone has been through, driver issues etc. I finally could make it work by using the WASAPI driver (in shared mode, which is the only solution to record in 48kHz). Cakewalk doesn't work with Asio4all. Now it works fine except when I want to record. The tracks are systematically late and offset. I have checked the buffer size and it's not possible to adjust (10ms btw which theorically small).

Has someone here encountered the same problem?

Sorry for my english and thank you for your help!

Mickael

Edit

Welcome to the forum.
Have you tried connecting it to the Antelope audio interface via audio cables, such as RCA cables?

Edited by 57Gregy
more words.

9 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Welcome to the forum.
Have you tried connecting it to the Antelope audio interface via audio cables, such as RCA cables?

Hi Gregy, thanks for answering me.

Yes I have, with XLR and Jack cables, but I aim to record the direct signal of the Kemper into the computer without coloring with the A/D converters of the Antelope (which are good quality, I know). I could hear a subtle difference.

5 hours ago, Mickael Le Van said:

Yes I have, with XLR and Jack cables, but I aim to record the direct signal of the Kemper into the computer without coloring with the A/D converters of the Antelope (which are good quality, I know). I could hear a subtle difference.

Well, I think you're going to have to live with it, since 2 different ASIO drivers can't be used at the same time. 
Are you saying WASAPI Exclusive doesn't work at 48K on your system?

15 hours ago, Mickael Le Van said:

Nobody but you cares.

Seriously. Not to be an ***** but nobody in your audience can tell about the "subtle differences" you think you can hear. They want to hear a good song. If the song is good enough you can record it on a wax cylinder and they will still listen to it.

Edited by Byron Dickens