When I set my driver mode to asio only my katana shows up.

Luca Mclaughlin

Question

My setup is: Guitar/zoom/katanamkII/laptop. 

I just bought a new laptop (Predator Triton 300). I never had an issue using cakewalk on my old laptop but since installing it on my new laptop I haven't been able to record my guitar and hear it in (next to) real-time. It works with wasapi shared but not asio.

The problem is if I set asio as my driver it only ever shows my katana. My guitar doesn't show any signal and my headphones, on board speakers etc., don't show up in preferences. 

I have no idea what to do. It should just work. I've looked at updating audio drivers etc but to no avail. 

I tried using Asio4all but for some reason certain inputs/outputs are on and I don't have the option to turn them off. 

4 answers to this question

I looked up Katana. It seems it's a sound card by Creative Labs. Doubt if the ASIO driver if supplied will work, They never did in the past because they were sort of like asio4all and were WDM wrappers. 

And yes Zoom makes audio interfaces which normally do have good ASIO drivers but the OP could be talking about Zoom the steaming app? Or a Zoom handy recorder? A Zoom Camera?