T-Racks 6 on the way?

Magic Russ

I was running updates for the IK software manager and at the bottom of the list I was seeing T-Racks 6 as an option to try or buy.  After updating ToneX I saw that this was gone.  Has anyone heard any rumors about this and what it might include?

• Like 2

Well, they've been running deals on everything for months now at super low prices.  

Kinda wish they would just drop the new stuff instead of milking every last drop of the current lineup.  We all know it's coming.

• Great Idea 1

34 minutes ago, Release said:

Well, they've been running deals on everything for months now at super low prices.  

Kinda wish they would just drop the new stuff instead of milking every last drop of the current lineup.  We all know it's coming.

yup. IK want to hook little fishies to upgrade them. 

31 minutes ago, Release said:

Dropping the price is a good thing for the consumers.

I actually prefer them offering low prices and actually supporting the products for years instead of dropping some new version that costs a premium price for stuff we probably don't need.

• Like 1

Historically, IK had upgraded T-RackS/AmpliTube/MODO DRUMS/MODO BASS/etc. and all the licensed modules/content/instruments would be functional in the new version.  They'd of course keep churning out new content to entice an upgrade.  I appreciate this about IK.

• Like 6

Oh, I'm not complaining about the prices.  They're giving new users a TON of stuff for not a lot of money and there are some amazing tools there.  And the fact that they still work no matter if they upgrade or not, I definitely appreciate that.  They've actually made a lot of strides in the last year that are more customer friendly and I respect that.  

I'm just hoping to see a big overhaul of a few of their products (loading presets is awful in the Hammond, SampleTron, SampleTank and Syntronik.  I think I'd use them a lot more if it was reworked).  

17 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

I really hope they translated their Tonex tech to T-Racks. It would be so cool to have low CPU, low latency AI/ML captures of classic hardware. Acústica Audio is great, but tracking with them is a no no.

Problem is ToneX tech (as it stands) is static, it needs the next gen to capture the static instances and then the ML to interpret knob movements to make the plugin "dynamic" and fairly accurate.  Some T-Racks pieces are actually super low CPU already (others of course are not).  It also takes an absurd amount of time to capture images in the advanced setting, so replacing a ton of knob positions across a large portion of hardware units would seem like they need to refine what is needed to make the capture tech more practical.  This is bearable for a guitar Amp as the capture can be within a certain middle ground range and post EQ is acceptable instead of emulating the EQ tone stack of the amp - which is what you would need for mixing gear.

I like the idea, but also expect they are a ways away from doing it right and I don't want to buy a stop gap solution.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Release said:

Oh, I'm not complaining about the prices.  They're giving new users a TON of stuff for not a lot of money and there are some amazing tools there.  And the fact that they still work no matter if they upgrade or not, I definitely appreciate that.  They've actually made a lot of strides in the last year that are more customer friendly and I respect that.  

I'm just hoping to see a big overhaul of a few of their products (loading presets is awful in the Hammond, SampleTron, SampleTank and Syntronik.  I think I'd use them a lot more if it was reworked).  

I am not complaing. i enjpy using Track and got my moneys worth i think. but curious to see what Track6 will look like. and also curious to see if/how they will offer the upgrade based on my ownership of the tracks products --  which has been little group buys over the years. 

so i took a peek at audio deluxe.  

so they gots tracks "max "for $2,699.99 and total studio for $99 ... LOL!! 

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/audio-plugins/ik-multimedia-t-racks-30-plug-ins-user-bundle

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/virtual-instruments/ik-multimedia-total-studio-4

Edited by Nitrate Audio

58 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Problem is ToneX tech (as it stands) is static, it needs the next gen to capture the static instances and then the ML to interpret knob movements to make the plugin "dynamic" and fairly accurate.  Some T-Racks pieces are actually super low CPU already (others of course are not).  It also takes an absurd amount of time to capture images in the advanced setting, so replacing a ton of knob positions across a large portion of hardware units would seem like they need to refine what is needed to make the capture tech more practical.  This is bearable for a guitar Amp as the capture can be within a certain middle ground range and post EQ is acceptable instead of emulating the EQ tone stack of the amp - which is what you would need for mixing gear.

I like the idea, but also expect they are a ways away from doing it right and I don't want to buy a stop gap solution.  

Yeah, I figured about the knobs. But if someone is going to do it, it should be them.