Ryzen 7 9700 for audio, any experience?

Greetings.
I am currently using a 10-year-old workstation with an i7 4790k and 32GB of DDR3 RAM.
I have never overlocked the processor so I don't know if buying the K version was a mistake.
The time has come to upgrade this PC, because after ten years of use WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS, it is starting to show its weakness when faced with the different power requirements in the new software that is coming out on the market.

Due to the number of problems that Intel is presenting with the 13900 and 14900, I am considering changing to Ryzen.
Looking at comparisons, it seems that Ryzen 7 9700 is on par with the latest Intel in terms of power and processing capacity.
But since I have never used AMD, I would like to know if any of you use it and what your experience has been.
I would also like to know in your opinion if Intel is better for audio even with the problems that it presents.
Thanks.

The issue with the 13900k and 14900k CPUs has been grossly exaggerated.

Out of scores of machines, I've had to replace two 13900k CPUs.

I've not had to replace any 13700k or 13600k CPUs.

I've not had to replace any 14th Gen CPUs.

The AMD Ryzen 9950x is the CPU that's on-par with the 14900k.

Scores over 40k with Cinebench R23.

TDP is lower than the 14900k.  That's the significant advantage.

Still needs large top-tier AIO cooling.

Under stress-test type loads (100% load across all cores), it does run cooler/quieter than the 14900k.

Both the 9950x and 14900k run quiet when working with audio.

One down side to the 9950x:

It's $150 more than the 14900k... and a commensurate high-end motherboard is about $50 more than the Z790 equivalent.

One issue with the Ryzen 9xxx CPUs.

The currently iLok Licence Manager is incompatible (Pace service will not stay running).

They have a hot-fix available.  I've tested it... and it works.

If you end up with a Ryzen 9xxx based machine and use iLok, let me know... and I'll forward the hot-fix.

I've been running the 9950x for a couple weeks.

Aside from the issue with iLok (now resolved), it's running great.

Thunderbolt works flawlessly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Jim Roseberry said:

One issue with the Ryzen 9xxx CPUs.

The currently iLok Licence Manager is incompatible (Pace service will not stay running).

They have a hot-fix available.  I've tested it... and it works.

If you end up with a Ryzen 9xxx based machine and use iLok, let me know... and I'll forward the hot-fix.

Thanks a lot