ASIO2WASAPI, anyone?

I recently became aware of ASIO2WASAPI, which as the name suggests, is a wrapper to provide an ASIO interface for programs (such as Ableton Live) that support ASIO but not WASAPI.

(Seriously, Ableton, this is 2024. Vista came out 18 years ago, WASAPI has been part of Windows ever since, you've had plenty of time to figure out how to get your very-popular-on-laptops DAW to use itπŸ™„ instead of recommending ASIO4ALL)

I've been trying it for a while on my Dell notebook computer and found that it works quite well in the programs where I've tested it.

The advantage of using it over just plain WASAPI in CbB and Sonar is that I can leave the driver mode set to ASIO and just select different output devices when I want to switch between my notebook's internal CODEC and my PreSonus Studio 2|4. This is less disruptive than switching driver modes.

It also of course works a treat with Ableton Live Lite 12 to drive the onboard CODEC.

Just wondering if anyone else had been trying it out. It seems to operate more smoothly than ASIO4ALL and neither CbB nor Sonar gripes about it. It even has its own ASIO control panel.