FL Studio Upgrades to All Plugin Edition ca 45% Off

ralfrobert

2 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

If you have a Focusrite/Novation product, they have a 20% coupon that stacks. 

With that I don't think it gets any cheaper, or ever has. I was going to go Signature in BF sales, but, this looks like a way better option.

JRRShop Blowout store has Fruity Edition for about $83,

So if you don't have any FL Studio at all, then with the upgrade from  that using the 20% off from Focusrite / Novation (Expires in a few days)  the upgrade only cost $159 (plus taxes).

So you can get the All Plugins edition for $159.20+$83= $242.20. Depending on where you're shopping from, you likely need to pay tax on the $159.20 part.

Say it was 10% tax as an example, then total cost from not owning anything, would be $258.12 🙂

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

yep, exactly what I did.

Now playing with all the new synths that i will never learn in depth, like the other 100 synths I have. LOL

it's not a bad problem to have though Sander 🤣

Just installing now too.. Haha.. 

• Haha 1

Not trying to speak ill of this deal or as they say piss on anyone's parade, just keep in mind

• that all the plugins that come with "All Plugins" only run in FL Studio.
    There are quite a few but you only get the 'native' versions, not VSTs which they no longer sell.
  • " Lifetime Free Updates" does not include any new plugins that may be developed in the future, only those that currently exist.
    I don't recall what they charge for new synths or effects for existing "All Plugin" edition owners.  I think you get a discount but don't recall what it is.

from: https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio/lifetime-free-updates

Is everything added, in future, to FL Studio free?

Not everything - Sometimes we develop new synthesizers, effects or tools and add them to specific Editions. You'll notice, from the feature comparison page how these Editions have different core features and plugin bundles.

You will get your FL Studio Edition, and the plugins included at the time of purchase, updated free for the life of the product/s. Sometimes we will add new core features free to your FL Studio Edition (example). So there will always be something to look forward to with every release, no matter what FL Studio Edition you own.

I own the Signature edition and quite a number of their (now discontinued) VSTs.  Maybe I would feel differently about upgrading if FL Studio was my main DAW, but adding native plugins to my collection isn't worth $99 to me at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, kitekrazy1 said:

Never paid for one yet. I have the total package.

Interesting because that's not what the web page says, maybe you're grandfathered in because that was the deal when you bought it?
Regardless - if that's what they're actually doing then I'm happy for you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Not trying to speak ill of this deal or as they say piss on anyone's parade, just keep in mind

• that all the plugins that come with "All Plugins" only run in FL Studio.
    There are quite a few but you only get the 'native' versions, not VSTs which they no longer sell.
  • " Lifetime Free Updates" does not include any new plugins that may be developed in the future, only those that currently exist.
    I don't recall what they charge for new synths or effects for existing "All Plugin" edition owners.  I think you get a discount but don't recall what it is.

from: https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio/lifetime-free-updates

I own the Signature edition and quite a number of their (now discontinued) VSTs.  Maybe I would feel differently about upgrading if FL Studio was my main DAW, but adding native plugins to my collection isn't worth $99 to me at the moment.

That is a bit of a shame that you can't use them in other DAWs. I'm beyond green with it, but can you do a rewire like thing where you can add the plugin in the other DAW and have it trigger FL and it plays back audio through that plugin ? I think I saw something about that.

I personally don't mind not being able to use them in other DAWs. Part of the fun and attraction is using a DAW for it's unique tools and restrictions.

Their  quote sounds a little ambiguous really..

"Is everything added, in future, to FL Studio free?
Not everything - Sometimes we develop new synthesizers, effects or tools and add them to specific Editions. You'll notice, from the feature comparison page how these Editions have different core features and plugin bundles."

That almost reads as though you might not if you have Producer as an example, but might if you had the All Plugins bundle as it's the premium one.

Unless they had an update price / charge, or they sell them separately, I'm not sure how else they would handle that. It wouldn't make much sense to say you can't have the new instruments, or plugins ever without rebuying the entire FL Studio version again.

I grabbed this one, because I had intended on picking up Producer or Signature and it really didn't cost much more than I would've been spending anyway with the voucher stacking. And I get to mess around with it now 🤣

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

That almost reads as though you might not if you have Producer as an example, but might if you had the All Plugins bundle as it's the premium one.

Might be the same concept as Melda. For example, let's say you had MEssentialsFXBundle. They then release a new plugin that goes into MMasteringFXBundle. If you have MMasteringFXBundle, you get the new plugin; if you have MEssentialsFXBundle, you don't because the new plugin is part of MMasteringFXBundle (and MComplete).

• Like 1