Waves Platinum $74.99 USD

ralfrobert

2 hours ago, Skijumptoes said:

I tried this for a while, trouble I have is that my studio is away from my house, and i'd find myself leaving the dongle there and only realise when opening my laptop at home to work on some projects. (duh!).

It's the fact that Waves restrict this on plugins you own, if you're not again paying for the same plugins at least once a year, that I have an objection to.  To dress it up as an 'update' is just poor, it's more akin to a user tax.

But as I said above, i'm part of the problem by doing it each year.  If the model wasn't working for them, they'd have to rethink it.

That's exactly it.. 2 seats these days is standard minimum. Many it's 3 machines and still plenty more are unlimited.

Waves is the dinosaur with prehistoric ways.

Also spot on too.. if everyone stopped paying for WUP, the benefits against the brand damage would mean it's no longer worth it for them to persist.

I've personally never paid WUP.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MusicMan said:

That's exactly it.. 2 seats these days is standard minimum. Many it's 3 machines and still plenty more are unlimited.

Waves is the dinosaur with prehistoric ways.

Also spot on too.. if everyone stopped paying for WUP, the benefits against the brand damage would mean it's no longer worth it for them to persist.

I've personally never paid WUP.

I've done it before when they added more plugins to a bundle.

Waves discussions are like Apple vs. PC.  We keep regurgitating the same responses. 

They hardly ever seem to get attention on other forums.

I hope Koby carries more developers since I don't buy much from him.

They have enough fanboys to keep them going.

• Like 2