Waves Platinum $74.99 USD

ralfrobert

42 minutes ago, GTsongwriter said:

Buy NOW, then pay every year after for updates!!!?!?!

This is getting old. I have a lot of Waves plugins and I have not paid every year for updates. For some reason, they continue to work perfectly fine. I am on Windows of course. But even then, you only need to WUP when Apple breaks Waves.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

This is getting old. I have a lot of Waves plugins and I have not paid every year for updates. For some reason, they continue to work perfectly fine. I am on Windows of course. But even then, you only need to WUP when Apple breaks Waves.

I second this. I'm on Windows, and it seems everyone that has issues with Waves is using a Mac, and updates their operating system just assumes their plugins will work.

I love using my Waves plugins, and some I can't replace. NLS, TrueVerb, Rbass.  Thanks OP for the deal, I'm purchasing it now, been looking to get PS22 and C4 anyways.

My update cost was $64.99, Great deal!

Edited by KOREY CREATIVE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

So is that defense along with the improvadongle.

Older versions working is a testament to the quality of their software.  The RENN stuff is still the best.

Their licensing sucks.  Consider all of the other developers who even require iLok allow for more than one system. They can do the race down to zero all they want but tied to one machine went out long ago.

Yet their race down to zero is running out of steam as there are users who will not forgive them when a stuffed shirt tried to force the sub model.

Their pricing is competitive but their licensing is a fail.   At least you pay the same WUP price if your plugins are 10 years old.

Sucks to be a Mac user/ Your choice is WUP or another developer.

BTW this is cheaper than WUP on Gold/Renn bundle. 

On the land f wayyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooo many plugins, Waves is an easy pass. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

But even then, you only need to WUP when Apple breaks Waves.

Or you want to use them on more than one system like you can with basically every single plugin developer besides Waves, i.e., you want to use them on your primary DAW and have them activated on a second DAW or laptop as a mobile setup.

Waves cancels your second activation as soon as WUP expires.

Sure you can use a USB dongle, or deactivate your main DAW and activate the other system each time you want to swap, but that's pretty poor to need to do that these days.

Even McDSP allows 2 activations these days. Waves are cheap, have some decent plugins, but the most inferior licensing known to man.

• Like 1

Windows user and had plugins break going from V9 to v10.  Have also had v14 break a specific plugin.

No longer install Waves and lead a more stress free life as a result.

The only plugin that kept me tied was clarityvx, but supertone clear helped me cut the cord.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

(I don't know if this is allowed here – please just delete if not.)

Would anyone be interested in buying my entire Waves account, with these plugins? If so, just message me. Thanks!

INSTRUMENTS:
Bass Slapper
Codex
Electric Grand 80 Piano
Element 2

EFFECTS (INCL. ABBEY ROAD + DIAMOND + SSL 4000):
Abbey Road Chambers (Studio Two echo chamber)
Abbey Road EMI TG12345 Channel Strip (EMI TG12345)
Abbey Road J37 Tape (Studer/EMI J37)
Abbey Road REDD17 (REDD.17)
Abbey Road REDD37-51 (REDD.37 and REDD.51)
Abbey Road Reel ADT
Abbey Road Reel ADT Live
Abbey Road Reel ADT2V
Abbey Road Reel ADT2V Live
Abbey Road Reverb Plates (EMT 140)
Abbey Road RS56 Passive EQ (RS56)
Abbey Road The King's Microphones
Abbey Road Vinyl
Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter (Aphex Aural Exciter)
AudioTrack
Berzerk Distortion
C1 Compressor
C1 Compressor/Gate
C1 Compressor Side Chain
C1 Gate
C4 Multiband Compressor
Center
CLA Bass
CLA Drums
CLA EchoSphere
CLA Effects
CLA Guitars
CLA Nx
CLA Unplugged
CLA Vocals
Clarity Vx
Cobalt Saphira
dbx-160 Compressor/Limiter (dbx 160)
DeEsser
Doppler
Doubler
Eddie Kramer Drum Channel
eMo F2 Filter
eMo Generator
eMo Q4 Equalizer
Enigma
Greg Wells ToneCentric
GTR3 Amps
GTR3 Stomps
GTR3 ToolRack
GTR3 Tuner
H-Comp Hybrid Compressor
H-Delay Hybrid Delay
H-Reverb Hybrid Reverb
IR1 Convolution Reverb
IR-L Convolution Reverb
Kramer Master Tape (Ampex 350/351)
L1 Limiter
L1+ Ultramaximizer
L2 Ultramaximizer
L3 Multimaximizer
L3 Ultramaximizer
L3-LL Multimaximizer
L3-LL Ultramaximizer
Lil Tube
Linear Phase EQ
Linear Phase Multiband Compressor
LoAir
LoFi Space
Manny Marroquin Tone Shaper
MaxxBass
MaxxVolume
MetaFilter
MetaFlanger
MondoMod
Morphoder Vocoder
MV2
NLS Non-Linear Summing Buss
NLS Non-Linear Summing Channel
OneKnob Driver
OneKnob Filter
OneKnob Louder
OneKnob Phatter
OneKnob Pumper
OneKnob Wetter
PAZ Analyzer
PAZ Frequency
PAZ Meters
PAZ Position
PS22 Stereomaker Split
PS22 Stereomaker Spread
PS22 Stereomaker XSplit
PuigTec EQP1A (Pultec EQP-1A)
PuigTec MEQ5 (Pultec MEQ5)
Q-Capture
Q-Clone
Q10 Equalizer
Renaissance Axx
Renaissance Bass
Renaissance Channel
Renaissance Compressor
Renaissance DeEsser
Renaissance Equalizer
Renaissance Reverb
Renaissance Vox
Retro Fi
S1 Stereo Imager
Scheps Omni Channel
Scheps Parallel Particles
Sibilance
Sibilance Live
Silk Vocal
Silk Vocal Live
Smack Attack
SoundShifter Pitch
SSL EV2 Channel (SSL 4000E+G)
SSL E-Channel (SSL 4000E)
SSL G-Channel (SSL 4000G)
SSL G-Equalizer (SSL 4000G)
SSL G-Master Buss Compressor (SSL 4000G)
Submarine
SuperTap 2-Taps
SuperTap 6-Taps
Trans-X Multi
Trans-X Wide
TrueVerb
UltraPitch 3 Voices
UltraPitch 6 Voices
UltraPitch Shift
V-Comp (Neve 2254)
V-EQ3 (Neve 1066/1073)
V-EQ4 (Neve 1081)
Vitamin Sonic Enhancer
W43 Noise Reduction
Waves Tune
Waves Tune Lite
WLM Loudness Meter
WLM Plus Loudness Meter
X-Click
X-Crackle
X-Hum
X-Noise
Z-Noise

15 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Or you want to use them on more than one system like you can with basically every single plugin developer besides Waves, i.e., you want to use them on your primary DAW and have them activated on a second DAW or laptop as a mobile setup.

Waves cancels your second activation as soon as WUP expires.

Sure you can use a USB dongle, or deactivate your main DAW and activate the other system each time you want to swap, but that's pretty poor to need to do that these days.

Even McDSP allows 2 activations these days. Waves are cheap, have some decent plugins, but the most inferior licensing known to man.

This is a legitamate point. My original comment was in response to the statement that you had to pay every year for updates. You don't. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

My original comment was in response to the statement that you had to pay every year for updates. You don't. 

Well depends who 'you' is, for me i run a laptop and desktop so I have to keep WUP active or else one machine will fail to load projects that have any Waves plugins, and what's stupid is that I own the licenses, yet still getting limited for not giving them MORE money.

It's really pathetic that they put such a restrictions on usage and pretend it's in some way tied to an update/maintenance plan.  Worse still, people like myself supporting a model like this - Honestly, I should just walk from them really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

It is not a defense. It is a statement of fact. Your other points are legitimate though.

Still the usual reply when it comes to Waves.  I've been part of their race down to zero having 3 machines.

4 hours ago, kitekrazy1 said:

Those are the good ones. They don't really make a dud.

Yeah, but they are all an eyesore.  While I'd agree they sound acceptable, I wouldn't use any of them at this point given other things on the market.

Only some of the newer ones like H-Comp, Sibilance wouldn't annoy me to work with in a resizable format.  The "20 year old" ones even with the refresh, simply look dated.

Too close to those people that say Sonitus are their go-to tools in 2024.  

I really think what is under the hood is acceptable, but they really should consider the visual refresh.  

For those that need to use the plugins on more than one machine - have you considered using a USB flash drive for storing the licenses? (yes, tying up one usb port, and having to unplug/replug as you change machines is not ideal, but it may be preferable to paying every year)

I use one of these for Waves licenses

https://www.newegg.com/team-model-tc162332gb01/p/N82E16820313680

(small enough so that I don't feel I'll physically break the port easily, big enough so that it's not difficult to unplug)

• Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 7:26 PM, Brian Walton said:

Windows user and had plugins break going from V9 to v10.  Have also had v14 break a specific plugin.

No longer install Waves and lead a more stress free life as a result.

The only plugin that kept me tied was clarityvx, but supertone clear helped me cut the cord.

V14 broke in studio one when they dod the attemlt.at sub only. Forced me to upgrade to version 6

8 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

For those that need to use the plugins on more than one machine - have you considered using a USB flash drive for storing the licenses? (yes, tying up one usb port, and having to unplug/replug as you change machines is not ideal, but it may be preferable to paying every year)

I tried this for a while, trouble I have is that my studio is away from my house, and i'd find myself leaving the dongle there and only realise when opening my laptop at home to work on some projects. (duh!).

It's the fact that Waves restrict this on plugins you own, if you're not again paying for the same plugins at least once a year, that I have an objection to.  To dress it up as an 'update' is just poor, it's more akin to a user tax.

But as I said above, i'm part of the problem by doing it each year.  If the model wasn't working for them, they'd have to rethink it.