SOLVED: Kontakt 7 - Freezing When Instrument Option Panel Selected

I'm new to using Kontakt 7 and I'm trying to install Snapshots for Abstrung 1.2 via the 'Instrument Options' tab (I've had the same issue with other instruments).

When I click 'Instrument Options', I get a tiny window that won't expand and is too small to see the options inside it. If I click that window, it and the main Kontakt panel freeze. I can't close them down, and Cakewalk also freezes and can't be closed, until I go into Task Manager and end task.

Does anyone have a solution for this? All suggestions appreciated.  

image.png

Edited by Stephen Power

I checked both the standalone and VST3 versions of Kontakt 7. When I click on the wrench in the upper left corner of the instrument UI for the Editing window, then click on Instrument Options, I get this window.

aYXQSw7.jpg

Here it is inside of the full Kontakt UI.

RO8d6gh.jpg

I am able to click the different buttons in that window and close it no problem. When I click on the Snapshot button, it displays the default folder for saving snapshots for the specific instrument that I loaded. When I click on Show, it tells me that I haven't saved any snapshots for this instrument yet and asks me if I want to create the folder with the default name in the default location. I'm not sure what you're trying to do.

6 minutes ago, John Maar said:

I checked both the standalone and VST3 versions of Kontakt 7. When I click on the wrench in the upper left corner of the instrument UI for the Editing window, then click on Instrument Options, I get this window.

aYXQSw7.jpg

Here it is inside of the full Kontakt UI.

RO8d6gh.jpg

I am able to click the different buttons in that window and close it no problem. When I click on the Snapshot button, it displays the default folder for saving snapshots for the specific instrument that I loaded. When I click on Show, it tells me that I haven't saved any snapshots for this instrument yet and asks me if I want to create the folder with the default name in the default location. I'm not sure what you're trying to do.

Thanks for the reply. I am (was) trying to do what you did. The instrument options window only partially opened in Cakewalk (as shown in my attached image).

I couldn't see any of the options fully and 'snapshots' not at all - and then everything froze when I clicked on it.

I tried the stand-alone version of  Kontakt 7 and the IO window opened fully, and I was able to import the snapshots and they worked fine. Back in Cakewalk, I had to open a new version of Kontakt and the presets were loaded. But, on clicking the Instrument Options button, it was diminished as before everything froze again. 

Other windows don't produce the same issue - but some do. So, there must be (I assume) something wrong with the way my version of Kontakt has installed in Cakewalk. Maybe?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stephen Power said:

Thanks for the reply. I am (was) trying to do what you did. The instrument options window only partially opened in Cakewalk (as shown in my attached image).

I couldn't see any of the options fully and 'snapshots' not at all - and then everything froze when I clicked on it.

I tried the stand-alone version of  Kontakt 7 and the IO window opened fully, and I was able to import the snapshots and they worked fine. Back in Cakewalk, I had to open a new version of Kontakt and the presets were loaded. But, on clicking the Instrument Options button, it was diminished as before everything froze again. 

Other windows don't produce the same issue - but some do. So, there must be (I assume) something wrong with the way my version of Kontakt has installed in Cakewalk. Maybe?

99% the problem is with Cakewalk. I just tried the VST3 version in the latest versions of Bitwig Studio, Studio One Pro, Reaper and Gig Performer. Zero problems using any of them.

You can always try repairing/reinstalling Kontakt 7 via Native Access, but I doubt that will help. There's always that 1% chance though, right?

2 hours ago, John Maar said:

99% the problem is with Cakewalk. I just tried the VST3 version in the latest versions of Bitwig Studio, Studio One Pro, Reaper and Gig Performer. Zero problems using any of them.

You can always try repairing/reinstalling Kontakt 7 via Native Access, but I doubt that will help. There's always that 1% chance though, right?

Thanks @John Maar I did try both updating Kontakt (which it needed, but I wasn't aware of as I've only had it about 6 weeks) and then re-installing it, but there's no difference in Cakewalk - the standalone Cakewalk does not have the issue. 

32 minutes ago, Stephen Power said:

UPDATE: SOLVED!

I followed the instructions in this very short video and the problem has gone. :)

Excellent! Please update this thread's title to show that the problem has been SOLVED.

• Stephen Power changed the title to SOLVED: Kontakt 7 - Freezing When Instrument Option Panel Selected