ASM Hydrasynth MIDI over USB issue

Skelm

Hi, I recently bought a Hydrasynth Explorer, which has been great, but I am having intermittent issues with MIDI transmission over USB. The synth will be recognised by the DAW (I have tested it in Ableton Live and in Cakewalk, same results so this isn't a DAW specific problem) and I can select the synth as an input and start recording and playing but nothing will be recorded . If I switch the synth off and back on, and restart the DAW then MIDI will be recorded again. It doesn't happen every time, but at least 50% of the time I have this issue. I have several other synths connected via USB and none of them have ever displayed this behaviour (Moog, Dave Smith, Korg, Arturia). Has anyone experienced this issue and resolved it? Thanks.

Hi Promidi,

Thanks for the response. I have switched this off for all USB root hubs, but this happens straight after after powering on, the PC has not yet had the chance to go to sleep (which it never does, I have the always on power option selected as it is a desktop machine). The synth is plugged into a powered USB hub, but it also happens when plugged directly into a USB port. I swapped the synth with one of my other USB enabled synths (Moog Minitaur) and it still happens only to the Hydrasynth. The odd part is that the synth is still recognised by Windows and the DAW as a Hydrasynth, and it allows me to select the Hydrasynth input for recording but nothing is recorded until I restart the synth or unplug its USB cable and re-plug. I have a support case open with ASM but they also don't appear to have an answer.