Kontakt Player 6 Load-In Error

Talon

Question

Afternoon,

I recently downloaded the Kontakt Player 6 from Native Instruments and am trying to get it set up with Cakewalk (Windows 11). On every VST scan, cakewalk begins to scan the .dll file, but after a couple of seconds, throws this error:

image.png.f13aa1ab0d415addc3c73b61696b3b79.png

Not sure how to fix this. Help would be much appreciated!!

Edited by Talon
Tags

10 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

Maybe try uninstalling and re-installing.  Also, is this a VST2 or VST3 file?

Tried uninstalling and re-installing, no luck. It seems to be a VST2 file.

11 hours ago, Promidi said:

Do a reset then scan.

If that fails, enable scan log and see if the scan log reveals anything.

See:  (CTRL + F >  "Scan Log")

http://legacy.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=0x22B07

Ran the log, but it didn't seem to log anything unusual... although it did delete Kontakt.dll registry key (probably from the disable option on the popup). Here's the snippet from the Kontakt player log (38):

VSTSCAN: ---- 37: c:\program files\native instruments\Native Access\vulkan-1.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\NATIVE~1\NATIVE~1\vulkan-1.dll
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/native instruments/Native Access/vulkan-1.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 38: c:\program files\native instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit\Kontakt.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\NATIVE~1\VSTPLU~2\Kontakt.dll
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/native instruments/VSTPlugins 64 bit/Kontakt.dll
VSTSCAN: Finished analyzing VST plugins - 27 of 34 VST plugins were scanned in this run
VSTSCAN: Delete untouched - Scanning for plugins to remove...
VSTSCAN: Deleted registry key (c:/program files/native instruments/VSTPlugins 64 bit/Kontakt.dll)
VSTSCAN: Sending WM_PLUGIN_INVENTORY_CHANGE
Closing log file
Thursday, 15 Aug 2024, 22:35:35 

---------

EDIT: Dove a little bit deeper, and found that actually, the full log stops right at the last line copied down below. Again, it seems like it's not establishing contact with the main point?

VST to scan - c:\program files\native instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit\Kontakt.dll
VSTSCAN: ******* Analyzing VST plugins...
VSTSCAN: ---- 1: c:\program files\native instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit\Kontakt.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\NATIVE~1\VSTPLU~2\Kontakt.dll
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/native instruments/VSTPlugins 64 bit/Kontakt.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- Loading VST plugin c:\program files\native instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit\Kontakt.dll ----
VSTSCAN: DLL loaded successfully...
VSTSCAN: Successfully got entry point. DLL is a VST plugin...
VSTSCAN: Calling VST main entry point...

Edited by Talon

I am seeing some strange paths there.

What folders are listed in Preferences - File - VST Settings > VST scan Paths (maybe show a screenshot)

In mine, I only have 2.  One for the VST2 plugins (a custom location) and another for the VST3 (which is the default).  I have never had an issue with any plugin instalations.  Of course I do custom installs and keep an eye on where the installer wants to put the DLL or VST3 files.

I have Kontakt 7 full so I only have the VST3 version.

If I had Kontakt 6 player, I would get the installer to place the VST2 DLL file in my custom folder. 

Update, looks like it's a problem with Kontakt 6 directly. When I try to open up the application, it's just crashing on launch.

Reached out to the NI tech team about it. 

I am having the same problem. I recently purchased the full version of Kontakt 7. Both Kontakt 6 player and the full version of Kontakt 7 worked for about a week. Now, Kontakt 6 player freezes when launching. I am in contact with Native Instruments, but they keep having me to repeat the same steps that they have already suggested. I have uninstalled the program completely, cleared the registry, as well as ran a deep virus scan, but the same results. The have even suggested to create another account in windows 11. It does opens, but errors out immediately. I really believe that it is a Native Instruments issue.

Thanks,

KG

2 minutes ago, Kevin Gillom said:

I am having the same problem. I recently purchased the full version of Kontakt 7. Both Kontakt 6 player and the full version of Kontakt 7 worked for about a week. Now, Kontakt 6 player freezes when launching. I am in contact with Native Instruments, but they keep having me to repeat the same steps that they have already suggested. I have uninstalled the program completely, cleared the registry, as well as ran a deep virus scan, but the same results. The have even suggested to create another account in windows 11. It does opens, but errors out immediately. I really believe that it is a Native Instruments issue.

As mentioned, I have Kontakt 7 full (version 7.10.6) on a PC configured as per my signature and I am not having any issue with it (plugin and standalone).

When you say it “errors out immediately”, what does that mean exactly.  Does it freeze, drop to desktop or does it show an error message.

Are there any differences between plugin and standalone version?

I am going to assume that you have performed all Windows updates, updated all drivers and made sure you have the latest VDist runtimes installed.

Yes, I have tried all updates suggested by NI, but the same result. I have even tried earlier versions of Kontakt players. Kontakt 7 Full works great! It's just Kontakt 6 player that will no longer exe.

Thank you...