UVI Shade $39 at AD

Pat Osterday

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

So what does Sublime EQ mean?

I meant that to me Shade is a sublime EQ because of its creative filters. Another sublime and unique EQ is Gullfoss. But the most sublime still is FabFilter’s Pro-Q3. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2024 at 7:16 PM, Fleer said:

I meant that to me Shade is a sublime EQ because of its creative filters. Another sublime and unique EQ is Gullfoss. But the most sublime still is FabFilter’s Pro-Q3. 

Gullfoss's website explains it's a auto EQ, unlike the other two mentioned, plus it's more expensive than Fabfilter at $199!

Shade is on sale for $39.

Fabfilter isn't on sale...for $169.

TBH I’m still amazed by the sheer possibilities of plugins. The fact that they almost perfectly mimic hardware is breathtaking. Always thought that hardware was, well, sacrosanct. Then came the plugins flood, Rather late for me, as I only saw the light in 2014. Next, I was lured in by the looks but stayed for the quality. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, jngnz said:

If I had to start all over I'd look for a hobby that isn’t such a money sink hole. Folding sheets of paper or something.

Origami paper can get expensive. Grow potatoes instead. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shade is a little like FabFilter Pro-Q 3 and Volcano 3 merged into one.  Gullfoss is a different type of EQ compared to these.

Hard for me to justify spending $39 on another EQ/filter.  Just got smart:eq 4 recently and have lots of morphing filter options in various other plugins. 🤔

• Like 1