Audio Assault : Each Amp Sim, Mix Plugin and IR Pack for $5

stony

2 hours ago, jngnz said:

lol, their "premium amp" they tried selling for like $80 is legacy now. Hardly been a year since release.

It is still $35, and the only reason it is legacy is they are updating it for the new ecosystem which is supposedly included in the price.  

And it was on sale for like $40-50 frequently from what I recall - so even a year out the price hasn't really dropped that much.  

Either way, hard to get excited about any of it with ToneX on the market.  Honestly the only thing that peaks my interest is the Komet sims as I'm simply curious how they have approached some of the best boutique amps out there - which are sorely lacking in the ToneX world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Either way, hard to get excited about any of it with ToneX on the market.  Honestly the only thing that peaks my interest is the Komet sims as I'm simply curious how they have approached some of the best boutique amps out there - which are sorely lacking in the ToneX world.

Ever try any MixWave sims? Tonex is collecting dust for me, tbh.

5 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Ever try any MixWave sims? Tonex is collecting dust for me, tbh.

Yeah, for modeling they are pretty good.  That said, the Milkman, Benson, etc are not my dream amps.  And also have good captures of them or similar in ToneX.  

ToneX is arguably more work to get a perfected sound though and I can understand why some don't want to go down that path.  

Other negatives are ilok, price, and no hardware option.

With the Tonex pedal ~2ms confirmed throughput delay simply beats the feel I can personally get in a software based system without dedicating said computer to only that task and run it into another computer - which then by nature adds latency.

• Like 1