Meldaproduction updates plugins to v17

satya

https://www.meldaproduction.com

The most important thing in version 17 is the improvement of your comfort. Therefore, we created MPluginManager, which takes care of all your installations and licensing. It will keep your plugins updated, and will help you to install or repair anything without downloading unnecessary data.

From now on, you will be able to manage your licenses and subscriptions from one place.

Additionally, the MSoundFactory universal modular virtual instrument gained several new addons: Cyberpunk Bass, Trap Bass, Cyclicity, Ethereal Keys, Alchemist Whoosh, and Organic Scape. All of them are free for the license owners.

The update also improves the efficiency of the core, and the compatibility of all Meldaproduction plugins (including the free ones) has been updated to meet current standards. Some plugins such as MTurboDelay gained a lot of new presets.

Existing owners of Meldaproduction plugins can update for free, while new customers can start a new 15-day trial to try any of the Meldaproduction plugins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

So is this plugin manager OK?  I'm shy after dealing with NI.

I haven't had any issues yet and it seems like I've been running some version of v17 for a month on multiple computers.  

That said, the new installer doesn't allow the full off-line install stuff unless they changed something in the last week or so.  Was told previously adding that back in was in the works.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, kitekrazy1 said:

So is this plugin manager OK?  I'm shy after dealing with NI.

Nice installer, really.  Works on my two Windows 10 machines without any issues.  Waiting for the offline option too, however,  as I want to keep independent backups. 

• Great Idea 1

3 minutes ago, smde said:

I am having this issue on  M1 MacBook! 

image.thumb.png.6b9e5f05138be8bf38e64fa3f70e0b08.png

I had a problem with their new plugin manager, on Macbook Pro M2, something that had to do with some font missing.. it went back and forth with their support team for about two weeks but they end up sorting that out.

Great support in fact, reach them

• Like 2

A new plugin manager: They scare me to death! 😄 Frankly, if they do not reinstall the full offline possibility, then I will stay forever on the old version (and will not buy any Melda plugins anymore)!

2 hours ago, CSistine said:

A new plugin manager: They scare me to death! 😄 Frankly, if they do not reinstall the full offline possibility, then I will stay forever on the old version (and will not buy any Melda plugins anymore)!

The Meldaproduction plugin manager is fine.....

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, CSistine said:

... if you're online! (NOTE: It rhymes!)

My PC is online 24/7

As long as Meldaproduction make good on their promise to provide an offline 17.xx installer for those who are not....

• Great Idea 1

Works better for me than Native Access. For me to make that work these days, I have to either run it without admin privileges, or do a fresh download of it for every update. Go figure.

15 hours ago, CSistine said:

... if you're online! (NOTE: It rhymes!)

In todays modern world there is no reason whatsoever to not put your daw online, at least for updates.

YMMV but mine has been online for years, no issues, you just need to avoid dodgy sites …….

J

1 hour ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

In todays modern world there is no reason whatsoever to not put your daw online, at least for updates.

YMMV but mine has been online for years, no issues, you just need to avoid dodgy sites …….

J

I'm an IT professional and I can think of quite a few performance and security reasons to keep your DAW offline all the time, except when doing a controlled update.

Avoiding dodgy sites is only one component of the risk and performance aspect.  

This isn't practical for a lot of people but if the work and performance is critical, I can't imagine taking the risk and letting background processes communicate with the Internet whenever it feels like it.  

I would agree that an up to date OS is safer to go on line than it used to be.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 3

On 8/12/2024 at 12:05 PM, CSistine said:

Calm down and take a deep breath. The current MPluginManager has a function where you can create an offline installer for your plug-ins.

Look in Settings and you'll see where you can do this. Presumably, if you can download things at all, you have at least one computer that's connected to the Internet.

So it should work similarly to the old download manager or maybe better because when you copy the install package to your music computer, it will only have the plug-ins you want to install instead of the whole line.

• Like 3

They've come a long way from when the installer forced you to install the 32 bit VST2, the 64 bit VST3, the 32 bit VST2, the 64 bit VST3 AND the 64 bit AAX versions. I used to have a whole routine I'd go through after running their installer or A|A|S' or Native Instruments'.

A|A|S was the biggest offender, I'm pretty sure it would drop a copy of the VST2's into any folder with the string "VST" in its name. I'm not kidding, either. I eventually wrote them a nice email message pleading with them to stop. I got no reply, but within 6 months they had stopped doing it.

Some of Izotope's older installers will even leave you with the 32 bit RTAS versions of their plug-ins installed.

The only real benefit (and not everyone sees it as such) of VST3 is that it dictates an install location for the plug-in DLL's.

• Like 1