Dream a Life (2024)

steve@baselines.com

Wow, great one Steve, loved the mix. Such a complex arrangement, like 10cc meets Gentle Giant - I absolutely love this!  I listened to the audio first, then again with the video.  The visuals pull the lyrics together in a completely different way for me, very cool experience.  All the hard work really pays off in this one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes!! This is a great track, nie and quirky and subtle. The videos are quite inspired! Here in the UK there used to be an excellent weekly music programme - The Old Grey Whistle Test which ran late at night for a number of years. They had a phase in the early 70's of taking tracks and putting old B&W films to them - e.g. Led Zeppelin's Trampled Underfoot. Thsi is reminiscent of that, and very effective.

This is a great production -thanks for posting!

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 12:02 AM, Kevin Walsh said:

Wow, great one Steve, loved the mix. Such a complex arrangement, like 10cc meets Gentle Giant - I absolutely love this!  I listened to the audio first, then again with the video.  The visuals pull the lyrics together in a completely different way for me, very cool experience.  All the hard work really pays off in this one.

Hi Kevin - thank you for your comments.  I was really happy to come across those video clips.  I thought that they worked well with the song.

Steve

15 hours ago, jerrydf said:

Oh yes!! This is a great track, nie and quirky and subtle. The videos are quite inspired! Here in the UK there used to be an excellent weekly music programme - The Old Grey Whistle Test which ran late at night for a number of years. They had a phase in the early 70's of taking tracks and putting old B&W films to them - e.g. Led Zeppelin's Trampled Underfoot. Thsi is reminiscent of that, and very effective.

This is a great production -thanks for posting!

Hi Jerry - thank you for your comments.  I did use an old Buster Keaton video for a Steely Dan cover I did.  That was a lot of fun.  https://baselines.com/?p=6373

Steve