Where do I find the official rollback installer for 2024 07?

gmp

If I need to rollback to a previous version, it used to be easy with Launchpad, which doesn't work with the newer versions.

Do we still have the rollback to a previous version? I've never done it like that before. I just manually did what Launchpad does. You have to correctly put the CW130Auto.dll  file into C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\. Is this even necessary with the newer versions?

On 8/11/2024 at 2:27 AM, gmp said:

If I need to rollback to a previous version, it used to be easy with Launchpad, which doesn't work with the newer versions.

Do we still have the rollback to a previous version? I've never done it like that before. I just manually did what Launchpad does. You have to correctly put the CW130Auto.dll  file into C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\. Is this even necessary with the newer versions?

You cannot roll back CbB to a previous version. 

The only version of CbB that will authorise will be the latest version of the day.

At the time of this reply, the latest version of CbB is 2024.08 Build 108.

Before I update to a new version, from the beginning I always renamed Cakewalk Core with it's version number at the end of the name and then installed the new version.  If I ever need to rollback I can simply change the name of Cakewalk core. 

scook found out that this can cause problems unless we put the correct CW130Auto.dll  file into C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\  So I can do a Manuel rollback like this. I assume I still have to use the correct CW130Auto.dll.

scook hasn't posted in about a year and Launchpad which did all this rollback stuff automatically, doesn't work with the new versions. It seems strange that cakewalk got rid of the rollbacks.

39 minutes ago, gmp said:

. . . cakewalk got rid of the rollbacks.

I seem to recall that an explanation was either given or referenced within the past year.  If so and I stumble onto it, I will post a link to the post I have in mind.

>>The only version of CbB that will authorise will be the latest version of the day.>>

I've been using 2023.09 up until a few weeks ago. I didn't have any problems with authorization. 2024 02 was problematic for me

On 8/13/2024 at 7:34 AM, gmp said:

>>The only version of CbB that will authorise will be the latest version of the day.>>

I've been using 2023.09 up until a few weeks ago. I didn't have any problems with authorization. 2024 02 was problematic for me

Eventually you will need to use the latest version.  For any older version, the clock is ticking.....

@gmp - if you're having authorization issues with CbB, please email support:  support@cakewalk.com

Support has had a handful of reports of authorization issues in CbB, but we've yet to narrow the issue down - so any additional information would be useful.

Once we can get a solid repro, we can release an update to CbB with a fix.

• 2 weeks later...