🎮 Free Games - CYGNI: All Guns Blazing & DNF Duel | Epic Games (Free Until August 15)

pseudopop

This week the free games on Epic Games are CYGNI: All Guns Blazing and DNF Duel.

CYGNI: All Guns Blazing

"An unrelenting onslaught of eye-popping visuals, ear bursting soundscapes and mind-melting action makes CYGNI the vanguard for the next generation of shoot-em ups. Outgunned, outmanned and out on your own, plunge into a sky full of hell in a last-ditch battle for survival."

Get it here: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/cygni-all-guns-blazing-98f872
Free until: August 15, 3 PM UTC  
Steam rating:  Mixed
Steam page (for reviews & more info): https://store.steampowered.com/app/1248080/CYGNI_All_Guns_Blazing/

DNF Duel

"Action fighting at its extreme! Enter the new beat’em up world of Arad as your favorite character from the beloved Dungeon and Fighter franchise!"

Get it here: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/dnf-duel-07d055
Free until: August 15, 3 PM UTC  
Steam rating: Mixed / Mostly Positive
Steam page (for reviews & more info): https://store.steampowered.com/app/1216060/DNF_Duel/

Gameplay video of CYGNI:

Gameplay video of DNF Duel:

Edited by pseudopop
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I've gotten some great freebie (and cheap) games via deals posted here.

Elder Scrolls Online has become a passion for me, I played and enjoyed Falconeer last night.

Haven't gotten much further than starting out with Fallout '76, but I probably will eventually.

Just as with free plug-ins, gotta pick and choose.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul Young said:

I'm starting to avoid these like I do with free DAW software.  I'm not sure which is great the plugins I don't use for the games I don't play.

There are two significant differences between games and plugins that make collecting games much easier and less stressful:

1. Unlike plugins, there are only a handful of distributors* and they all reliably keep track of what you own. Tools like Playnite give you a unified view of all your games that is always up to date, so no spreadsheets are needed.
  2. Unlike plugins or sample libraries, once you've claimed/purchased a game, you can download it at a later date, even if the developer goes out of business.  You don't have** to keep a copy of the files on your hard drive just in case. You can even install the game as many times as you want without having to pay for "extra download credits" or whatever after six months.

I have over 400 free games from Epic Games and I'm happy to let them all just sit there, knowing that I will never install even 5% of them.

* It's very rare for a game to be distributed outside of Steam, GOG, Epic Games, Itch.io, or the other platforms.

** Admittedly, you often can't even, outside of keeping the game installed (with GOG being the exception).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I've gotten some great freebie (and cheap) games via deals posted here.

Elder Scrolls Online has become a passion for me, I played and enjoyed Falconeer last night.

Haven't gotten much further than starting out with Fallout '76, but I probably will eventually.

Just as with free plug-ins, gotta pick and choose.

That's the only game I've played. 

• Like 1

I play and łove many strategy games from time zx spectrum and commodore 64 ( y with sid analog chip sound for tracker ) playing sometimes game clean my mind - and it is so fun. In these days many devs  sell game super cheap or make giveaways, which is superb too. + if you have children/s they can play too with some limit time ofcourse :)  ( in last half year i start playing againg more to stop gas music software and it was success )   And rts and turn base strategy games can be played mostly forever if you love them. For sample turn base now Xcom 2 complete col, rts starcraft 2, company of heroes 1,2,3 , cnc tiberium wars kanes wrath, universe at war, total war series and now one of best rts all time for me Supreme Commander 1 forget alliance ultimate rts combat simulation and his free alternative Beyond all Reason! For tactical strategy or wargame is for me now top Wargame Red Dragon, steel division 2 and oldie goldie world in conflict. You can play relax strategy games like magic the gathering - its top - i start play cards board from 93 and end in 2010 +- then play on pc and for free Hearstone offcourse :) happy gaming...

Edited by Kreveta Puket
  • Like 1