Resizing creates grey area?

fill.thumb.JPG.d06d432d6089f23e470b976c5de0cbee.JPG

There has got to be a way to make this layout bigger, but damn if I know what it may be. The keys are far too small to accurately quickly click what I want, and when I resize it it just creates a gray area? Thanks for any help. Its up to date version, etc.

6 hours ago, Beltrami said:

i thought as much, but even the ones that come with it do the same

Is there an example you can provide? Most plugins should display correctly if they support resizing in the UI. The gray space should only be visible if you're enlarging the window on a plugin that does not dynamically resize (like the one in your original post).

Also, there should be no display issues with plugin resize in Cakewalk by BandLab. There are a couple plugins that have issues with dynamically scaling with scaling in Sonar, however, this is not present in CbB. 

2 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

I am always resizing VSTS, like Kontakt 7, Toontrack Ez Drummer 3, EZ Bass and many more and they resize fine. 

I have noticed with Toontrack plugins, if you don't grab their resize handle, meaning you grab the corner of the window rather than the three diagonal line bottom right corner, you will get a grey around the window. As I don't own Kontakt I have no experience. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

I have noticed with Toontrack plugins, if you don't grab their resize handle, meaning you grab the corner of the window rather than the three diagonal line bottom right corner, you will get a grey around the window. As I don't own Kontakt I have no experience. 

I've seen that with Toontrack and several other plugins as well. Seems to be a plugin issue, not a Sonar/Cakewalk issue.

23 hours ago, pwal²³ said:

i think it's something they're "working on" (in sonar not cbb) - many other competing daws handle this gracefully, so hopefully they sort it out - maybe they have already, what version are you using?

2024.07 build 108 64 bit

21 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Guess I grab  the resize handle "every time". Since I use tootracks ez drummer 3 and ez keys 2 and Ez Bass everyday and have neve had this issue. just habit I guess. 

EDIT: I should also add that I rarely HAVE TO RESIZE these windows. I do have to MOVE the window from the top left to the middle though very often.

Edited by Pathfinder

On 8/6/2024 at 10:58 AM, Jonathan Sasor said:

Is there an example you can provide? Most plugins should display correctly if they support resizing in the UI. The gray space should only be visible if you're enlarging the window on a plugin that does not dynamically resize (like the one in your original post).

Also, there should be no display issues with plugin resize in Cakewalk by BandLab. There are a couple plugins that have issues with dynamically scaling with scaling in Sonar, however, this is not present in CbB. 

shhj.thumb.JPG.f7ad8e90e92c432df3fc2388eae7aec8.JPG

String Section by cakewalk does the same. But I realized it may be because I'm on Win 7, everything else about the program runs flawless from what I've seen, this is the only issue I have and I would love to enlarge the keyboards like pic related as its too small for my liking and the piano roll view is less convenient to see all the keys at once.