AIR Music Tech overhaul TimewARP 2600

satya

https://www.airmusictech.com/virtual-instruments/timewarp-2600/

The original TimewARP 2600 is the only software recreation of an ARP 2600 to be officially endorsed by Alan R Pearlman, the inventor behind the iconic synthesizer. Now, AIR Music Tech have re-released it with a whole host of new features that bring the classic sound into the modern era.

TimewARP 2600 is available now, and is being offered at an introductory price of $49.99 until 27 August 2024, when it will increase to its full cost of $99.99. Owners of the original version are eligible for an upgrade price of $19.99. There is also a 10-day trial version available.

• Like 4

FYI, I own v1 and emailed support about upgrading to v2.

It's correct that it's $19.99 to upgrade, and there's no deadline for that offer – you can upgrade at any time later as well.

Which is what I'll do, since I wanna test out the ARP 2600 emulators I have by Arturia and Cherry Audio first.

Yes, this is the only one endorsed by the hardware creator, but I'm not SUCH an aficionado that I need a 100% correct replication. I care much more about inspiring and plentiful presets etc., which both Arturia and Cherry Audio offer.

• Like 2

I have TimewARP v1, and the Arturia Arp emulation.

I'm trying the demo of TimewARP v2, but I'm not convinced so far. 

The main bonus with v2 seems to be that you can scale the display, so that you can actually read the text on a high resolution monitor.

On 8/8/2024 at 8:53 PM, Rational said:

No time limit? You sure?

image.png.83b96de7d2a411d5574aedae3ef7373d.png

Hm. They wrote this: "Yes, you can purchase the upgrade at any time that is convenient for you."

But that was after I had verified that I had bought v1 by sending them the digital receipt, and they had created an upgrade code for my email address.

So if you want to upgrade at some point, maybe email them before that date to make sure you get your upgrade code? And then you can use it – or not.

• Great Idea 1