Update: W1 Limiter 3.0 released (Apple Silicon, AAX, VST3) by Yohng (Waves L1 Copy / L2 Clone)(Free)

MusicMan

Update: W1 Limiter 3.0 released (Apple Silicon, AAX, VST3)  by Yohng (Waves L1 Copy / L2 Clone)(Free)

The W1 Limiter has been updated to version 3.0 for Windows and macOS. It also supports Apple Silicon. The old projects saved with the previous version should be able to load; however, the current version hasn't been thoroughly tested. If you came here for a macOS version and it does not perform well, please submit a bug report. 

W1 Limiter is a clone of Waves L1, with identical output, as well as an approximation of Waves L2

https://www.yohng.com/software/w1limit.html

• Like 2

Once upon a time this was my go-to limiter. Good to see it's still being maintained.

Even though W1 has since been superseded in my own toolbox by fancier ($$) limiters, I think this still has a place on individual tracks due to its light weight. Although if somebody's just starting out and making do with freebies, then this will also work just fine on the master bus and is a lot simpler to use than, say, Limiter No. 6.

• Like 3